Maps, Modded maps and updates on SirCakes modding stuff.
The light tanks are only light tanks, so easily destroyable by subs, rocket soldiers others ships.
But MIX it is great fun over all. I have hosted about 20 matches and have received very positive feedback. Only one person (winning) was complaining that the Cruisers are OP now (I disagree, they are useful now). All other features got accepted.
I feel like the balance is right. So consider MIXv004 the final version and pour your detail criticism on me as if you knew it would never change if you dont speak up ;P
Also I have version 004 of AVI out, which now includes the long awaited soviet answer to the chronosphere! A superheavy transport plane (transports even MCV, nuke truck excluded). Build limit is one and price tag 2500, requires tech center. Not sure on balance yet, imho its very powerful, but it seems using it "costs" a lot of micro as well.
@mustapha: I could solve paradropping with a script! Use everything in your map if you like.
UOE (underused options empowerment) v003:
https://resource.openra.net/maps/23702/ (winter storm)
https://resource.openra.net/maps/24065/ (dual cold front)
https://resource.openra.net/maps/24064/(hardship) <-- true naval 1v1
https://resource.openra.net/maps/24063/ (aquarius) <-- nice naval/ground mixed 1v1
https://resource.openra.net/maps/24062/ (doubles islands) <-- very much fun to play
https://resource.openra.net/maps/24061/ (bombardment landing) <-- specially adapted for UOE
https://resource.openra.net/maps/24069/ (decrepit isles)
https://resource.openra.net/maps/24068/ (timorous expansions) <-- nice naval/ground mixed 1v1
I will do no further RA playtests.
Also Known As ELoyros ||
My OpenRa Maps http://resource.openra.net/maps/uploader/249/
My Red Alert 2 Mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-y ... e-apolyton
My Tiberium Dawn Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberian-dawn-apolyton
Bug: I really like the cossack, but i had some bug with unloading it. had 12 units in it, but it only unload the half of it and then flew back to the airfield. Maybe should check that because it should unload all.
And i find it odd, that you cant unload units on the airfield. Would be nice if you can change that, but if you maybe change your mind about what unit to transport, you have to drop them with parachute just to change the cargo. feels odd, if you cant unload when its on the airfield.
I think the Camo SAM site has slower reaction in shooting down air units. tested it with CAMO Sam site and normal SAM site next to each other, the normal SAM site immediately fires, the CAMO SAM site has to come out from underground first, due to mechanic. maybe increas reaction time?
I think I would increase the missile sub damage, because a cruiser destroys a construction yard with 5 volleys and a missile sub needs 7 volleys. or any other reason why the damage is so low compared to cruisers?
Everything else I like! Keep up the good work!
@J2k4u: The missile sub has other advantages than the cruiser. It is faster, can submerge, has tracking missiles and is cheaper. The cost-dps-ratio is pretty close anyway! The cruiser is a much more obvious threat with more range, more upfront damage and more HP.
I know of the bug with the cossack, but did not bother changing since you can command it to unload again to drop the rest of the cargo.^^ Unload on airfield I cannot do, sorry
I think to give aircraft players reaction time is actually good thing, that is why I also reduced the deployment speed of the AA Gun and other defenses.
Havenâ€™t given these a go yet but I notice the map caterings are either pure naval or have not seen much naval play in the past.
If youâ€™re looking to see how these compare to maps that see modest naval play now and again I would love to see your implementation on some of my maps!
The best Iâ€™d recommend are:
- Decrepit Isles (2v2), has seen ~20% of games involving some form of navy. Would be interesting to see how this mod alters that dynamic.
- Timorous Expansions (1v1), the most dynamic mix of naval, land, and air units Iâ€™ve managed to create out of my maps.
- Skewed Intentions (1v1), rarely sees naval play beyond transport or sometimes tier 3, but may allow Tier 3s to have a bigger effect inland.
Maritime Inclusion eXtended (MIX) leads by far with 73 games played, of which a whopping 27 were played on Doubles Islands. Followed up by the UOE playtest with 32 games played - one person even went ahead and copied the rules to their favourite map (bomb. islands). Air Viability Increased (AVI) counts 22 games and the other playtests I made are negligible.
Quite happy how this turned out Cheers
The changes to the last version are minor:
* tanya has improved .shp (with underwater body)
* Random tips are displayed in-game every minute. Changelog moved from lobby to in-game chat.
* flak trap now plays a siren sound before submerging, and submerge/resurface can't be spammend anymore. (aesthetic change)
* destroyer tracking range reduced
* Rocket Soldiers shoot aircraft while in pillbox/camoPB/ranger
* missile sub shoot 1 missile less (-17% dmg) so dps is lower than the cruiser's.
HF and tell me about awesome games
EDIT: Known bugs: Ranger doesn't auto-attack air (it should)
The changes to the last version are:
* Restored standard building hotkeys in the side panel
* Tips can now be disabled in the defense tab
* Destroyer no longer out-ranges tesla coil
* Dog gets +1 vision (Inspired by SoScared)
* Mig gains three ammo pools for air targets (aa-missiles), vehicles and defenses (missiles) and buildings, infantry and submerged subs (bombs). Less weapon range.
* Increased tracking range of SAM site. Fire rate reduced 25%. Missiles can sometimes be evaded.
* License for my own artwork added.
Click this image to see a graphical changelog and a full text changelog on postimages.org.
New fixed version (sam&cossack) uploaded - all "old" v005 maps deleted.
- Map pack including all maps currently playable with UOE v005. (For OpenRA release 2018 03 07)
- (3.91 MiB) Downloaded 73 times