Krush Kill 'N Destroy - Krossfire
Moved to stand alone project at http://kknd-game.com/[/align]
Description: A "Manual" port of KKND2 to Open RA. Specifically doing loss-less recordings of the game, convert video frames to images and pixel by pixel cleaning up the sprites and converting them to OpenRA.
Mod Goal: Ideally but unrealistically a 1:1 feature remake of KKND2 on OpenRA, realistically a PS1 version equivalent minus the Single Player Campaigns (PS1 version doesn't have module unit building). While I do aim to bring KKND2 to OpenRA, its not necessarily going to happen, like anyone I'm busy and have more pressing matters to attend to. Which brings us to...
What the Mod is about: Getting the ball rolling on bringing back KKND2 into the modern age, while you can still enjoy KKND2 in its original form its lacking some majority functionality such as higher resolution, higher unit caps and really poor AI pathing. Letting people play one of my favorite RTS's from back in the day ONLINE would be amazing, not to mention making custom missions.
I've got the basics of survivors going, they have their buildings that somewhat operate the same as KKND2. There will need to be some alterations on the way structures work however, mostly disabling the building until its complete constructed.
- Desert - I've got majority of the desert terrains files ready to go, Minus Single Player special pieces (Sydney Opera house, Empire State building etc)
- Urban - Got tile set images off of the official site but haven't touched them/converted. Like Desert there isn't special pieces from Single Player.
- Highland - Same as Urban.
- Oil Patch - Animated Images ready to go.
Sprites: As stated in the description I'm converting "By Hand" the sprites from the original game, although I haven't done much of that at all I did do the Oil Patch as a test to see if it was practical.
- Shadows are built into the sprites them selves as a checkered black and transparent pixels underneath.
- Moving sprites seems to have 8+ directions on them (Between 45° angles) possibly 16 directions.
- Building Bases (The Ground underneath) are universal, no special cases for Urban/Desert etc
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &view=next
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f ... KND#p81314
Research / Useful Links: I'm mostly documenting this publicly so if anyone wants to help or continue this project in the future.
Alpha/Beta/Demo History: http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24962
Blog with reverse engineering: http://hallfiry.blogspot.com.au/
Predecessor(?) Mod: http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... hp?t=15158
Collected work: I want to keep as much completed/semi completed work available in the case of disappearing off the face of the earth and people may want to use/continue the work.
These are not mod downloads!
Download - 7/05/2014 Complete Desert image set with the oil patch, plus a few UI pieces.
Download - The Wasteland (Desert) tileset with pallet.