Dark Tournament V

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Pinkthoth

Dark Tournament V

Post by Pinkthoth »

Trailer for the tournament

Are you ready for yet another dark tournament? In this 1v1 tournament 8 or 16 players will face each other in a series of bo3 matches in 44 completely new (mostly) competitive maps. No minigames this time. The number of players will be determined by the number of sign-ins. Players will enter the tournament based on the order in which they sign in. If a player drops out before the tournament begins, successive players can fill their place based on the order of their sign-ins.

16 player tournament:
-Single elimination format
-Bo3 matches, with the exception of the grand final, which will be held as a bo5 if there are enough unused maps

8 player tournament:
-Double elimination format
-Bo3 matches with a bo5 grand final

The tournament will be held on the 18th of June beginning at 17:00 UTC, and continued on the 19th of June at 17:00 UTC, if it can not be concluded in one day. The winner will get a prize of 175€, the runner-up will get a prize of 50€ and an extra prize of 25€ will be given to the most entertaining defeat. The prize pool has increased thanks to a generous donation.

The tournament matches will streamed by Kaution (link). If another streamer wants to stream some of the matches as well, please contact me through Discord.

Sign-ins through this thread or by messaging me through Discord. Sign-ins are open till the end of the 16th of June. Brackets will be generated randomly.

Sign-ins:
1. Goremented
2. Moods
3. Dang_shot
4. Blackened
5. Ekanim
6. Upps
7. Eugenator

----
Reserve:
1. Morkel
2. Bain
3. J!NX
Last edited by Pinkthoth on Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Goremented

Re: Dark Tournament V

Post by Goremented »

Sign me up!

ROCKhardFISTnips

Post by ROCKhardFISTnips »

Moods
Sign me up

dang_shot

Post by dang_shot »

hi i would like to try to sign up for this. do i need to make a discord account for the tournament?

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

In

Pinkthoth

Post by Pinkthoth »

dang_shot wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:21 pm
hi i would like to try to sign up for this. do i need to make a discord account for the tournament?
It would be nice because it makes contacting you easier once your games are about to be next etc. But I guess if you watch Kaution's stream you can be reached through that.

Ekanim

Post by Ekanim »

I'm in.

morkel

Post by morkel »

I can join as reserve player if not all spots are taken (might be taking a plane June 18th around that time, but should be available later that evening / the day after)

Upps

Post by Upps »

Pinky your a monster 44 new maps wtf :D

Eugenator

Post by Eugenator »

J!NX

Post by J!NX »

Reserve