This is how we start out:
Setup - Season Alpha
There will be a first-come-first-served registration into the first league's group stage. Players registered outside the group stage are placed in a Queue (first-come-first-served as well), in which they will promote/qualify entries into the next season and also be first in line to replace no-shows for ongoing seasons. I'll also reserve the right to favor reoccurring players on OpenRA over newcomers (Alpha and Beta season only) should I feel it necessary for consistency sake.
The Alpha Season kicks off with a group stage, 6 players divided into two groups of 3 players. Within the group each player has a 'host' and a 'guest' game against the other players, 'host' meaning the player gets to pick the map out of a preset map pool. Each win is rewarded a point. In the event of ties the players will be ranked against each other based on their 'guest' points and if ultimately necessary, on $kill points. With each win the players carry with them their $ kills from the statistics' combat tab. The group winners play against each other in a final, in a best-of-5 with a preset series of maps. The rest of the group either stale, re-qualifies or relegate intro the next season (Beta Season) depending on the expansion of next season's group size (from 3 to 4 players)..
All matches will be played within my scheduled Monday streams at http://www.twitch.tv/soscared. I'm hoping to see this league branch out onto more streamers in multiple regions to eventually support a global event.
The suggested Season Alpha schedule:
- Week 1, Monday 16 November - Group A - Players [a,b,c] each participates in 2 host + 2 guest matches in the following order: (a vs b), (b vs c), (c vs a), (b vs a), (c vs b), (a vs c) in a total number of 6 group matches.
- Week 2, Monday 23 November - Group B - Players [d,e,f] in the same formula as above
- Week 3, Monday 30 November - The Finals - winner of 'Group A' versus winner of 'Group B' in a 'best of 5'
- The map pool will strictly adhere to standards that allows for 'open field warfare'. Meaning no maps are allowed that pins players to certain locations on the map, limiting armies' abilities to do counter measures during the entirety of the match.
- Group winners moves on to a knock-out stage, currently just a 'best-of-5' finals.
- The bottom two group finishers will have to either relegate or qualify with listed Queue players, depending on the size of the next league's group stage. Regardless, 1st and 2nd player in Queue will be promoted directly, 3rd and 4th in Queue will be able to play qualifier matches (moving them up the queue should they fail to qualify).
- No-showers in the group stage are relegated to the bottom of the Queue and replaced by the 1st player in Queue.
- No-showers for players in the queue that are up for promotion or qualification are unregistered for the league, unless they msg me at least 1 week before the start of the season, in which the player will have his Queue position 'frozen' for the upcoming season. Players in Queue unexpectedly qualifying/advancing due to others ahead in the Queue having a no-show, will also have their Queue position 'frozen' for the upcoming season.
- The league winner receives a title and price, currently $50 (depends on a successful execution).
- Default mod Red Alert, latest release
- Standard lobby settings, except crates 'off'. Players can also agree to 'Explored Map' for new maps in the group stage.
- Random starting position.
- Player names must remain consistent during a season.
- Host player in the group stage decides the map from the preset map pool.
- Finalists play a best-of-5 on a preset series of maps, scrambled from the preset map pool.
- Current map pool (still to be decided): Warwind, Sidestep, Tabula Rasa, Interior Halls, Dual Vegetation, Interference, Behind The Veil 1v1, Cold Front 1v1
- Players may not pick maps of their own creation in their 'host' matches or play them in knock-out rounds (currently just the finals).
- Players waiting in the group stage may follow the stream but are not allowed to spectate matches between opponents in their own group. Stream will run with a 3 minute delay.
- Disallowed exploits (see Github): #9902
Registration thread (link)
- PM my Sleipnir username
- Skype: SoScared101
- I'm occasionally to be found on IRC at #OpenRA.