Need help with a Terrain issue

I'm trying to get the ChangesTerrain: trait to work.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Yoghurt

Need help with a Terrain issue

Post by Yoghurt »

Hello, I'm trying to set up the tank traps from RA in TD, so that they let infantry pass, but not vehicles.
The tank traps show up fine and behave correctly, however...

I need some help with the code in my map.yaml.
My guess was that I'd insert the following line at the end of the map.yaml file:

TileSets: temperat.yaml

...and add a file named temperate.yaml into my map's folder with the following code:

Terrain:
TerrainType@TankTrap:
Type: TankTrap
TargetTypes: Ground
Color: 44443C

When starting the game I get a crash and from the exception.log I get that the tileset TEMPERAT lacks the terrain type "TankTrap".

For testing I inserted the code mentioned above (Terrain: etc) into temperat.yaml in the game's folder "tilesets" and it works.
My guess is that I've not set up my temperat.yaml (in my map's folder) properly.
Can someone please help. Thanks in advance

abcdefg30

Re: Need help with a Terrain issue

Post by abcdefg30 »

Hi. Unfortunately it is not possible to add custom tilesets in a map.

Yoghurt

Post by Yoghurt »

Thanks for the reply! That's a shame... In this case, is there a way of making this work another way? Maybe to make the footprint as small as the infantry units, so four infantry units could fit around the centre of the tank trap?

Yoghurt

Post by Yoghurt »

The way I have it set up now is, the tank traps change the terrain to "Rough" which only lets "Foot" and "Chem" locomotors pass and blocks all other locomotors. This way I can't have both rivers and tank traps in the same map, but that's cool. At least the map is playable online.