sequence combine

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
bodomalo

sequence combine

Post by bodomalo »

How does the "combine;" attribute work with sequences?

My goal is to have a new rocketman, that will liedown, shot, standup, whenever it "shoots"

This does not work (crash, using frames 300 something and e3 only has 14 frames)
ANy idea how COMBINED works?[/code]

Code: Select all

shoot: rocketman
		Combine:
			e3: e3
				Start: 128
				Length: 2		
				Start: 192
				Length: 10
				Start: 176
				Length: 2	
		Facings: 8
		Length: 14

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Sounds like you rather want to use "Frames:" instead of "Combine:". Iirc combine is used when you need to combine different sprites together in one sequence. You only want to take certain frames from one sprite however as far as I understood. (I have to admit though that I'm not sure how well "Frames:" works together with "Facings:".)

EDIT: Actually, seems like "Combine:" is used for this case as well, indeed. I found https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/blob/3 ... .yaml#L516 in a quick search.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

I'm only guessing, but I think you need to specify Facings: 8 on all the Combine entries as well.
Like this the program likely picks frames 128, 129, then 192, 193, etc so the combined length is 14 frames only.
While then you are saying you have 8*14=112 frames available.

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!

bodomalo

Post by bodomalo »

Oh, so I understand the "COMBINE' might be usefull if I want to
add the shadow to a tiberian sun shapefile infantry unit (those shp files seem to have the unit and shadow separated)

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

There is a ShadowStart: value used for TS units/RA2 Buildings. Combine adds frames next to each other, not on top of them. You can't use them for that purpose.

bodomalo

Post by bodomalo »

MustaphaTR wrote: There is a ShadowStart: value used for TS units/RA2 Buildings. Combine adds frames next to each other, not on top of them. You can't use them for that purpose.
So the solution is:
run:
start: 8
Facings 8:
Length: 6
Shadowstart: 300

THANKS a lot - that works!