This mod gives you the ability to create scripts for your maps. Almost no limitations. If there something you want to be added that you find impossible at the moment post it here and I'll see what I can do to fix it. Mod comes with two maps with scripts inside of them to show how to get started. This mod has been created to make it possible for people with less or none programming experience to make some cool maps. Please share code with each other or with me for that matter. Happy scripting!
Extract archive and put yf folder inside OpenRA/mods/...
Simple as that!
If you script would fail there will be a script.log file that you can read for more info what went wrong.
The mod comes with two examples, shellmap and Art of defense. Both of these use scripts so you can read and learn from them.
Works on Windows. Not sure about linux or mac.
Works with version: 20121019
Download sources here: https://github.com/Holloweye/Your-Freedom
Download binary 0.01: <removed>
Download binary 0.02: <removed>
Download binary 0.03: <removed>
Download binary 0.04: <removed>
Download binary 0.05: <removed>
Download binary 0.06: http://www.speedyshare.com/pZMaX/download/yf.rar
Art of defense changes:
- Fixed waves
- No crash when you lose
- Ore Purfier removed
- Ore derriks added
- Create widget for player added
- Changed error output text
- RandomWaypoint method added
- ClosestActorTo method added
- DistanceToAnyActorFrom method added
- Blink method added
- PaletteColorModifier method added
- Now possible to access callback method variables in script.
- Rewrote some palette modifier stuff
- Added a new work in progress map Zombie Survival
Art of defense changes:
- Preview image added
Zombie survival changes:
- Zombies has new yaml
- No crash on multiplayer
- Removed dog
- Added new methods for synced/desynced code
- Scripts interface changed
- Preview images implemented
- Added new traits for a parachute plane to be buildable
- Changed scripts from inherit from a interface to a class with virtual methods. This means you don't need to make a empty content for each method you're not using. Now you only need to override the ones you use.
- New map Tic Tac Toe (work in progress) not playable yet.
Path of beyond (aka test map) changes:
- Added experiance bar, CustomGainsExperiance to all units
- Added new trait Experiance bar
- Added new trait CustomGainsExperiance, CustomGivesExperiance (CustomGainsExperiance has support for 60 ranks instead of 4). This could be good for maps where you only have 1 unit.
- Fixed issue with PaletteColorModifier
- New SHP for the ranks
- Now possible to build / use with latest playtest (1019).
- Removed maps that has not been tested.
- Removed functionality for fade.