Gotta disagree with most of those claims again. A sub will likely kill 2 PT boats too. The PT boat price of $500 is justified considering how awful they are.Blackened wrote: ↑-Submarines vs allied navy-
- A sub will likely kill the harbour in 4 torpedo salves and about 12-16 seconds?
- The PT boat can barely scratch the harbour, especially if it's under repair, it'll probably take like 5 minutes to kill.
- If you're soviet and your harbour is under attack by a PT boat, you can easily build a sub, kill the PT boat, and whatever else.
- If you're allied, and your harbour is under attack by a sub, you can't even build the PT boat before your harbour is gone. And if you can, the boat is likely lost. At the very least, the harbour will be lost. Because I can just steer around the PT boat and shoot the harbour anyway. There's really not much the boat can do against that considering how few times I need to hit to succeed.
- If a PT boat chases a submarine and manages to get in front of it, it can throw 0-1 waterbombs before it likely dies. The torpedos hits faster than the water bomb over 1 tile distance or whatever distance.
- The submarine normally doesn't need to chase all that much, they're intended to snipe and should pick still targets. (Most boats do stand still for most of their life time.) Firing into a blob of boats the're still absolutely lethal.
- PT boat cannon damages 1 unit.
- Submarine torpedo damages several units.
Also never forget, subs are cloaked. That's inherently very powerful and scary to the enemy.
Subs have longer range even than destroyers, with sat they turn twice as lethal.
All in all I think your idea that subs are underpowered is totally not realistic.
Might be a good idea, I'm 50/50 on that. Pro because realistic, and they could still be found by boats. I don't think this would change much in gameplay.. con because subs are already quite powerful imo.WhoCares wrote: ↑Subs not having to uncloak to shoot
EDIT: In contrary I think PT boats are mostly a useless unit. If you gave soviets PT boats too, I think people would still rather use subs. PT boats can barely scratch inf, vehicles, buildings.. the only thing I ever really attack with them are oil rigs very early on. Besides that, only water their bombs are marginally useful. Imo they could easily be given to both sides or redesigned into a paperthin AA-boat.