Spectating ongoing games - unwanted?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
noobmapmaker

Spectating ongoing games - unwanted?

Post by noobmapmaker »

Hey people,

I like to watch epic Red Alert battles (because I am not so good and my mouse is very bad) and lately I've noticed that I can spectate if I join an open game and choose "Spectate". However, sometimes I get kicked and sometimes everybody quits the game.

Is it not done to spectate? Can spectating slow down the game (by creating lag)?

Further: it would be nice if people could also join in as a spectator once the games have started.

Greets :)

asi_turk

Post by asi_turk »

There are there options:
1-You are lagging...
2-They are lagging and want you to kick you to fix lag *some*

Note: For pefecting connections, admin will kill specs. It very vital on crowed games try joining a 1v1 or 2v2 game.

A tip: Try to kick american blunt if you are admin and he was has joined. (Temp ban)

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

A tip: Try to kick american blunt if you are admin and he was has joined. (Temp ban)

that's harsh...

asi_turk

Post by asi_turk »

zoidyberg wrote: A tip: Try to kick american blunt if you are admin and he was has joined. (Temp ban)

that's harsh...
Then play a game with him :(

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

Me and Blunt have kind of a bromance going on. He calls me BergZoid and then I shoot five of his grenadiers with a pillbox during the first two minutes of every game. American Blunt is actually a pretty solid player - with a tendency to use annoying tactics. The one time we played together, we demolished the other team. It was impressive.

If you're going to kick somebody, kick the dude from Germany (James?) who insists on trashing all his teammates. If anybody you play with publicly blames his team, log their IP and ban them.

asi_turk

Post by asi_turk »

True impressive but in the games "I" played he laged and cuz of that paused the game 4 times and died while trying to rush and make us to fight 3v2

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

i think the erratic behavior has more to do with his username than anything else :P

YuriMolina

Post by YuriMolina »

Actually the same guy

He uses proxies, and he got a lot of lagg because of that, and Open a lot of OpenRA instances.

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

If Blunt insists on getting stoned while playing OpenRA, he should share :)