[WIP] Time resolved map statistics

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
wusche1

[WIP] Time resolved map statistics

Post by wusche1 »

Hello,

after a long hiatus from OpenRA I thought I could stop by and ninjaineer a bit. There is not much to show for now. However, from now on, map statistics are recorded on a daily basis which should allow to tell how often a map is played per day.

Thanks for qbt, Clemb for helpful discussions in the chat and chrisf for giving green light to that push request.

Cheers!

wusche1

Post by wusche1 »

Data is coming in and all is well. It will take a couple of weeks before enough data is in the database to have statistic significance.

Thanks to Scott for providing a map hash dictionary.

wusche1

Post by wusche1 »

Hi,

the statistics have been recorded for about a month with a downtime of 10 minutes in total.

In order to evaluate the statistical data, I would need the following information for every map_hash that is in the current stable version (20130514), preferably as ';' seperated text file, one entry per line.

e.g.

Code: Select all

map_id; map_title; map_description; map_author; map_type; map_players; map_mod; map_hash; map_width; map_height; map_tileset
Note that this is the data the data format that one can access from the open-ra content website. Also, map_id is not necessary, as it is probably an internal reference with the OpenRA content website.

Code: Select all

(622, 'Bloody Delta', '', 'Hightower86', 'Conquest', 2, 'ra', 'ee2bd35f10bc7abf3f36a6ab917c1f9336b96b95', 128, 128, 'temperat')
But since the content website is out of date and does not give me a version specific list of map information, I need someone who is involved in the C# code of OpenRA engine and can ask the engine to spit those values out.

Attached is the list of map_hashes. Note that not all of these hashes will be in the stable version - I only need the information about the maps that are delivered with the stable installer package.

Thanks!
Attachments
map_hash_20130514.txt
list of map_hashes for OpenRA stable-20130514.
(12.92 KiB) Downloaded 273 times

wusche1

Post by wusche1 »

bump for attention. Can anyone deliver?

Matt

Post by Matt »

Try to use https://github.com/Holloweye/OpenRA-Con ... ki/Map-API and upload the standard maps distributed by OpenRA there, too.

wusche1

Post by wusche1 »

Cmd. Matt wrote: Try to use https://github.com/Holloweye/OpenRA-Con ... ki/Map-API and upload the standard maps distributed by OpenRA there, too.
Upload the standard maps? Hmm. That is quite a lot of stuff to upload - especially if it has to be by web formular, and might make a chronologic mess with the current, newer maps on the site.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Or use the utility enhancement Dan proposed at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/3669

wusche1

Post by wusche1 »

Cmd. Matt wrote: Or use the utility enhancement Dan proposed at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/3669
Good idea - but this needs to go into the next playtest before I can use it. In the meantime: Here is the sqlite3 database after 70 days of recording.

Number of days measured: 70
Number of recorded maps: 444
Downtime of recording: ca 1h.

Note that not only maps from release-20130514 but ALL maps have been recorded. A summary the map/game count can be found in the digestdailydata table.
Attachments
RAstat.zip
sqlite3 database. The digestdailydata table summarizes all the games played in 70 days. Note that not only the maps in the current stable release release-20130514 but ALL maps have been counted.
(68.2 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Scott_NZ

Post by Scott_NZ »

That utility enhancement is in the latest playtest, 20130818.