You may notice reading this that a new theme was not completed. The original Sleipnir's Stuff installation was woefully inadequate for the requirements of the new EU GDPR privacy laws, and we made the decision to migrate immediately to an updated platform instead of shutting down the service.
The new forum may look ugly in its current state, but it provides a fresh base to build on going forward. The two big priorities are a new forum theme and integrating the in-game player authentication. Unfortunately, as many of you know, we do not currently have enough development manpower or experience to finish these in the short term. Please get in touch via the linked GitHub issues if you have experience in web design or php development and want to help out. Your help might make all the difference between these being completed next month versus next decade.
A few notes about the migration:
- All OpenRA-based posts have been preserved.
- All users who have posted in an OpenRA forum or logged in after 1 January 2016 have been preserved.
- All other posts and users have been erased.
- Custom BBCode formatting has been preserved, but the custom types are not directly exposed to the post editor.
- The avatar gallery is no longer available, so some users will have lost their avatars.
- Most custom preferences have been reset.
The new forum software opens up many possibilities for improvements, including new moderation tools and the ability to create additional forums (e.g. for RA vs TD vs D2K). Let us know below if you find any issues, have any ideas for improvements, or if you would like to volunteer to be part of a new moderation team.