.mix file extraction for Mac

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Yoghurt

.mix file extraction for Mac

Post by Yoghurt »

Hello, I'd like to know if there's a way to extract the original .mix files on a Mac?
Thanks in advance

abcdefg30

Re: .mix file extraction for Mac

Post by abcdefg30 »

You can use the utility program: https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Utility (e.g. calling it with "ra --extract temperat.pal" will extract the temperat.pal file of the RA mod.)

Yoghurt

Post by Yoghurt »

Thanks for the reply. I don't understand any of this tho. I have zero experience using terminal. What does "calling it" mean? Sorry, total newbie here.
Is there maybe a step by step guide out there somewhere? I'm looking to extract temperate.mix
Thanks again

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

If you want temperat.mix you can go to "~/Library/Application Support/OpenRA/Content/" and from there into the "cnc" or "ra" folder (depending which mod you want) to get the mix file.

Calling means opening the terminal and running the utility by typing it as a command. Go to the folder where your OpenRA install lies and call the utility by running the "dotnet OpenRA.Utility.dll" command (when using the normal/dotnet build) or the "mono OpenRA.Utility.dll" command (when using the mono/compat build).