parallel unit production in red alert

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
hucywypawknmvuwsrt

parallel unit production in red alert

Post by hucywypawknmvuwsrt »

Is there a way to allow parallel unit production from multiple unit production buildings of the same type in openra's red alert?
For example in openra's 95 C&C you can build 2 different hands of nod and produce rife man unit from one barracks and a rocket soldier from the other, is there a way to allow such a feature in openra's red alert?

abcdefg30

Re: parallel unit production in red alert

Post by abcdefg30 »

It is possible, but you would have to create your own mod. (It is not doable in maps with custom rules since it requires UI changes.)

hucywypawknmvuwsrt

abcdefg30 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:22 am
It is possible, but you would have to create your own mod. (It is not doable in maps with custom rules since it requires UI changes.)
Do you know of an existing mod(official/custom)? because I don't have that much modding skills.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Sadly I don't know of any mods which do that with vanilla RA rules. However, on Discord I was pointed towards https://resource.openra.net/maps/34993 which is a custom map that enables this ingame. (Although without the UI changes, so it's not completely as in TD since you have to select the exact building that is producing.)

hucywypawknmvuwsrt

abcdefg30 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:51 pm
Sadly I don't know of any mods which do that with vanilla RA rules. However, on Discord I was pointed towards https://resource.openra.net/maps/34993 which is a custom map that enables this ingame. (Although without the UI changes, so it's not completely as in TD since you have to select the exact building that is producing.)
Ok, thanks anyway friend.