MAC No maps folder

Cannot find folder for maps

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
bradler704

MAC No maps folder

Post by bradler704 »

Im running off of MAC OS and no matter how many times I download I don't seem to have a folder for my maps. Meaning I cant play any downloaded maps. Ive tried to find some info on this but it seems I'm the rare case. Ive tried looking into my hidden folders, searching from finder. If anyone has a solution please let me know!

Sleipnir

Re: MAC No maps folder

Post by Sleipnir »

Open a finder window and then press cmd+shift+g to open the "go to folder" prompt. Paste ~/Library/Application Support/OpenRA/maps into the text field and press "go" to open it. Each mod and version has its own folder.

bradler704

Post by bradler704 »

unfortunately that just brings me to application support. none of the folders in there have anything to do with openra. No hidden folders come up either

bradler704

Post by bradler704 »

i got someone to send me the download they have and i now have everything. but when i start the game its still not finding the maps

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Are you running the .app applications from the dmg downloaded from https://www.openra.net/download/ ? What version of macOS are you running?

melons

Post by melons »

Its not super clear on the Mac, the above doesn't work for me either as its not opening my username folder.

Here is how I got it to work, open up finder, then hold option key down and goto the 'Go' dropdown then click 'Library' > Application Support > OpenRA > Maps > RA > release-xxxx

xxxx being the version you are using, you can find all the maps in there