Scaling problem AMD

Hey guys I have a serious problem. I cant click anything in the menus. It seems to be a scaling problem. No matter what i tell my GPU Driver its always scaled wrong. It were good to launch it in window mode but since i cant use the menu its impossible for me. I also tried the Argument -windowed in the shortcut but it doesnt work. Is there any fix ? Kind Regards from Germany.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Faustrecht

Scaling problem AMD

Post by Faustrecht »

Hey guys

I have a serious problem. I cant click anything in the menus.
It seems to be a scaling problem. No matter what i tell my GPU Driver its always scaled wrong.
It were good to launch it in window mode but since i cant use the menu its impossible for me.
I also tried the Argument -windowed in the shortcut but it doesnt work.

Is there any fix ?

Kind Regards from Germany.

Whiplash

Re: Scaling problem AMD

Post by Whiplash »

Are you running at anything other than you monitor's native resolution? Did you edit the settings file to change the resolution to something else? if so, change to your native res and try again.
Proud C&C fan since 1996.

Faustrecht

Post by Faustrecht »

Whiplash wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:27 pm
Are you running at anything other than you monitor's native resolution? Did you edit the settings file to change the resolution to something else? if so, change to your native res and try again.
I found out how to use the Config file. but i can play only in window mode.
Fullscreen or fake fullscreen wont work. not matter what i set up.
In fullscreen it looks rights but i cant move the mouse properly. I played OpenRA years before but i had a NVIDA card and there it did run perfect.
Well Windowed is better than nothing. Now game runs fine.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash »

I have it running full screen on an AMD card, no problems.

Open you AMD driver application and check what your scaling settings are on driver level. You can let the card force how to scale applications or let the application scale itself. I currently run with GPU scaling disabled.

Faustrecht

Post by Faustrecht »

i did this but then i cant move the mouse over the whole screen. is a mentioned above.
But at moment it runs flawless.
Hm.... maybe i should Use the Driver cleaner and make a clean install.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash »

Isn't there a setting in OpenRA that locks your mouse to the screen? Again I must ask, are you running the game at native resolution, in other words, the same as the resolution of your screen?

Faustrecht

Post by Faustrecht »

Whiplash wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:52 am
Isn't there a setting in OpenRA that locks your mouse to the screen? Again I must ask, are you running the game at native resolution, in other words, the same as the resolution of your screen?
it doesnt matter which resolution.
my native is 1920x1080. and there i have the problem that i cant move the mouse over the whole screen.

If i set it lower then i only see a part of the screen in fullscreen.
Fake fullscreen has the same problem.

Only windowed works flawless.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash »

I'm asking, because I have also encountered the scaling problem in the past, but only if I changed the settings file to try and run the game at some other resolution than my native 1920x1080.

Bucher

Post by Bucher »

Hi,
Is it because of high-dpi displays nowadays? How to conigure the GPU scaling feature? I've 2560x1440 and the text is horrible...
C&C games dev team at Kwantlen Polytechnic University | My member ID: UrsBucher via domyhomeworkonline projects

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash »

Bucher wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:34 pm
Hi,
Is it because of high-dpi displays nowadays? How to conigure the GPU scaling feature? I've 2560x1440 and the text is horrible...
When you say horrible, what exactly is the problem with the text?