Mac OS X - HELP - How do I left/right click to move

So, I'm not sure how to do this - but how do I move my units on C&C? I have tried using the Command key, the shift key, the control key, but I have no idea how to move any units. I know if I hit "A" it defaults to attack move, but I cannot 'click' to make it move. If I click, it just deselects the unit. I apologize in advance for how basic of a question this is... Can anyone help?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
cnc4ever

Mac OS X - HELP - How do I left/right click to move

Post by cnc4ever »

So, I'm not sure how to do this - but how do I move my units on C&C? I have tried using the Command key, the shift key, the control key, but I have no idea how to move any units. I know if I hit "A" it defaults to attack move, but I cannot 'click' to make it move. If I click, it just deselects the unit. I apologize in advance for how basic of a question this is... Can anyone help?

Major Kusanagi Motoko

Re: Mac OS X - HELP - How do I left/right click to move

Post by Major Kusanagi Motoko »

Hello,
this should be independent of your OS.

Most modern RTS Games use:
Left click for select (ergo clicking left into the terrain means selecting nothing, ergo deselect).
Right click will execute an order for those selected units. (Move, attack, ect...)

The vanilla CnC 95 used left click for both selection and execution, and dedicated the right click for deselection if i am not mistaken.

In OpenRA, you can have both as you prefere. Simply go into <Settings> and the <Input> Tab to select your choice which suits you best.

lzap

Re: Mac OS X - HELP - How do I left/right click to move

Post by lzap »

If you don't change anything, then double finger tap is actually right click on PC = move/attack. But it's bad to play it this way, MacOS is a simplified operating system and you need to live with that...

Set the vanilla input for Mac if you are okay with that.