No far battlefield camera

battlefield far camera is missing from options

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Sanyiapilota

No far battlefield camera

Post by Sanyiapilota »

Hi!

Thanks for the game we all love it.
As i installed openra (redalert) for some computers, i noticed that on a few computers we dont have the "far battlefield camera" option. Just the close and the medium.
How can it be fixed? Why can't we see it unless we se it on notebooks with the same configuration.
For example: missing on a Dell Vostro 3000 (not full HD), also HP pavilion 14" (fullHD); not missing on Vostro 3000 (FullHD).
All running on latest windows 10.

Thanks for answer.

Sleipnir

Re: No far battlefield camera

Post by Sleipnir »

The battlefield camera and UI scale options that are available depend on your screen resolution and OS DPI settings. If we enabled zooming out further on small screens the selection boxes would be too small to work properly. I suspect that the HP Pavilion may have Windows configured with a display scaling greater than 100%, which would make the screen appear to be less than full HD to OpenRA.

Xantana

Re: No far battlefield camera

Post by Xantana »

I'm having a similar question/issue as well with being able to see more of the battlefield/map. I'm watching streamers on YouTube and they can see so much more terrain, which really helps with positioning and moving around the map. I'm on an iMac and my screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 [Battlefield Camera: Far; UI Scaling: 100%; Windowed Size: 1024 x 768] Fully zoomed out; (Same issue when in fullscreen mode). I also included images below of what I see in comparison to what the streamers screen/field of view looks like.

My Screen: https://ibb.co/r6Gf8qF

Streamer (FiveAces): https://ibb.co/0YqpTB1

Any advice/recommendations to be able to see a larger view area of the map when zoomed out?