OpenRA unable to detect disks

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
bretaincrab3

Post by bretaincrab3 »

Hey all! I downloaded and installed OpenRA a few months ago and I love the game and the updates made to it. But I'm a bit stuck. On the website they mention that the briefing videos can only be downloaded from original disks. I have the freeware versions of both Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn installed, but when I ask the game to detect the installations it doesn't see them. Is there a way to manually move the briefing videos or is OpenRA not set up to take the videos from the freeware versions?

abcdefg30

Re: OpenRA unable to detect disks

Post by abcdefg30 »

Afaik the game only looks for the mounted ISOs or the usual game installation locations used by e.g. Origin. Your best bet might be following the unofficial installation guide until we add a file browser to the content installation menu.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Mounting the ISOs should be sufficient, although if you are using Linux you may need to manually mount them one at a time at /media/openra as support for automatically detecting mounted ISO is a bit spotty there.

parin1

Post by parin1 »

Maybe pchote don't notice your machine, but if you are on windows, you can copy briefing videos manually to OpenRA ra content folder

the content folder usually is C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\OpenRA\Content\ra\v2