Hello, thank you, and donations

New on the forum, C&C nerd since the old days of Westwood Studios

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
reckneya

Hello, thank you, and donations

Post by reckneya »

Hello all,

My name is Willem. I'm from The Netherlands and I was once a massive C&C junky, though I've been out of the loop for about 10 years. C&C on DOS was my first game. Bought the Commemorative Edition, which also included Dune II. Used to make my own mods for C&C with one of the first weapon editors to come out. Made some maps and missions too, when I figured out how to add more missions to 'The Covert Operations' menu. I have nothing but good memories of this game and recall spending hours playing and/or modding it. Though this was all pre-internet (for me) times. It was all in my own little world. When I grew up I got into C&C Renegade and stuck there for a good few years.

Anyways, fast forward to the now and I found OpenRA browsing on Reddit out of the blue. Downloaded it, popped all my old Cd-ROM's in and I've had a look at your work. So many words come to mind. Amazing! Spectacular! Awesome! I wish to say thank you to all who have spent time on this project. Bravo! I commend you all. And I wish to help. First thing I wanted to do is find the donate button. Haven't found one, so am I not looking hard enough or is there no donations thing here? My technical skills are limited but I have the enthusiasm of a toddler with ADHD. Maybe I can help at some point. Who knows. I have a busy life now, but summer break is on the way and it tends to rain here a lot, haha.

I checked the list of high ranking forum members. Didn't see any nicks I recognize, but maybe some of you adopted new names. I've always been reckneya, so we know each other (or if we don't), feel free to say hi.

Kind regards,
reckneya
Yes, it's that n00b again

netnazgul

Re: Hello, thank you, and donations

Post by netnazgul »

Hey there! Wrt donating your best starting point would be https://www.bountysource.com/teams/openra which is used to fund various community servers and also provides bounties on certain features.

reckneya

Post by reckneya »

Hi netnazgul, thank you for your message and the donation link. :)
Yes, it's that n00b again

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Hey, the majority here are from either the C&C or RA days. Though 99% won't recognise anyone's name. There's endless stuff in do in openra. Map building, tournament hosting, balance adjustments and testing, missions making, and finally the all important game engine C# code.

Be sure to join our discord.

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

Great to have you in the player base! ;)