Multiple questions about scripting(and a few about rules.yaml)

There's only like 3 but still that's alot.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Missingno50

Multiple questions about scripting(and a few about rules.yaml)

Post by Missingno50 »

I have this map, which I plan to make into a singleplayer mission. Feel free to ask me more if you don't think you have enough information.
I want a supply convoy to be summoned and then go down this path, and then get deleted when they reach the last node of the waypoint path I set up. How would I get these vehicles to follow a set path and then delete themselves at the end of the path?
I want to summon 3 stealth tanks with different actor names(IE:Stealth1, stealth2, etc.) How do I achieve that?
I want to have three stealth tanks, each with separate names. I also want the lose condition to be when you lose all those stealth tanks, but I think I have a workaround for that. How do I achieve the first part?
There's this team of stranded Nod who join your side, except two who decide to desert the cause and leave the map. How would I get these infantry on their respective teams?
When your stealth tanks get detected, I want the forces to move to defensive positions in the base. How would you check if they've spotted enemy soldiers?
I want to give the stealth tanks you receive veteran status when they enter, how do I do that?

For those of you curious about my map, this is the map I've converted somewhat into a functional 1v1 skirmish map. http://www.filedropper.com/demomap1

abcdefg30

Re: Multiple questions about scripting(and a few about rules.yaml)

Post by abcdefg30 »

You should probably start by looking at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Lua-API and our existing missions.

Missingno50

Post by Missingno50 »

I mean, I already did, but I didn't quite understand it. Also, looking up terms like "waypoint" and looking at the missions did not reveal what I wanted, which was why I posted this list, since I couldn't see anything in the remade missions or the Lua-API that seemed to offer what I wanted. It's not like those kinds of scenarios would've come up under normal circumstances anyways.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

In the RA mission allies-02 is a convoy, this should help you.
Without any experience it needs time to get such things working, important is to read and understand what the logs tell you if it crashes.

Missingno50

Post by Missingno50 »

Materianer wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:17 am
In the RA mission allies-02 is a convoy, this should help you.
Without any experience it needs time to get such things working, important is to read and understand what the logs tell you if it crashes.
Oh, I didn't even remember that mission existed, such an forgettable mission. This is perfect for solving one of my problems. Thanks!