Problems with OpenRA over Windows 10 and Documents folder sync with OneDrive
I downloaded three versions of OpenRA this night. I hope that somebody can help me. Thanks,
I explain you what I have done:
1. I downloaded OpenRA for Windows 10. I installed it without problems but... When I wanted to start it, crash! White screen.
2. I looked for info about this problem in this forum and in OpenRA FAQ
3. I tried to disconnect AV protection and NOT working
4. I downloaded OpenRA for Mac. I installed it without problems. Later I had to download another soft called "mono". I tried to start it and OpenRA worked without problems.
5. I return to Windows 10 other time and I looked for settings.yaml on Users/myusername/Documents/OpenRA and I think that I don't have this folder in this path due to I have synced my docs with OneDrive.
6. I my docs folder have a OpenRa folder, but only have 2 subfolders, "Logs" and "Modmetadata" and settigns.yaml not exist.
7. I downloaded OpenRA sourcecode hoping look for settings.yaml but I didn't find it.
8. I compile sourecode for test if OpenRA sourcecode was avaible for running and NOT work, white screen another time.
I 'm pretty sure that my problem is due OpenRA folder not is the correct path but I don't be sure that I have all content of /Users/.../OpenRA folder.
Can somebody of you send me a compressed folder with all content of /Users/.../OpenRA?
PD: If you think that I forget something, I'm open to your suggestions
Later I'm going to do another test waiting some minutes after launch and post the results.
Thanks for your reply.
Maybe some kind of remote help?
You could try to create a "Support" folder within your openRA installation. This would lead maybe into a new config which is created as "blank".
Or just try to deinstall and reinstall the latest version...
I have seen this before on the laptop of a friend of mine. It had to do with the graphical card of that laptop that was not supported. This was a Windows 7 issue. I solved this issue by installing Linux on an external hardrdive so she could play OpenRA.
Good luck finding the issue!
I haven't heard that anyone on Linux has such problems (can't play on windows since last release but switching to Linux fixed it).