Mod Earth 2140 - Mod Creation Error

Trying to replace ra mod with 2140 rules an graphics but error appears.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Narcoleptic

Mod Earth 2140 - Mod Creation Error

Post by Narcoleptic »

Hey everyone

As the title implies, i'm trying to create an earth 2140 mod with OpenRa. Having saying that, i couldn't pass the first tutorial for mod creation hehe. Although i'm somewhat familiar with map-scripting (had done some levels a few years ago) I couldn't get the tesla coil laser thing tutorial working (https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRAModSDK/ ... ng-Started)

After following every step the build fails giving me this error in the log folder:

Code: Select all

OpenRA engine version playtest-20190106
Date: 2019-01-11 16:26:23Z
Operating System: Windows (Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)
Runtime Version: .NET CLR 4.0.30319.42000
Exception of type `System.IO.FileNotFoundException`: File not found: ra|bits
   at OpenRA.FileSystem.FileSystem.Open(String filename) in c:\Users\Petrenko\Downloads\OpenRAModSDK-20190106 - Copy\engine\OpenRA.Game\FileSystem\FileSystem.cs:line 216
   at OpenRA.FileSystem.FileSystem.OpenPackage(String filename) in c:\Users\Petrenko\Downloads\OpenRAModSDK-20190106 - Copy\engine\OpenRA.Game\FileSystem\FileSystem.cs:line 77
   at OpenRA.FileSystem.FileSystem.Mount(String name, String explicitName) in c:\Users\Petrenko\Downloads\OpenRAModSDK-20190106 - Copy\engine\OpenRA.Game\FileSystem\FileSystem.cs:line 119
   at OpenRA.FileSystem.FileSystem.LoadFromManifest(Manifest manifest) in c:\Users\Petrenko\Downloads\OpenRAModSDK-20190106 - Copy\engine\OpenRA.Game\FileSystem\FileSystem.cs:line 198
   at OpenRA.ModData..ctor(Manifest mod, InstalledMods mods, Boolean useLoadScreen) in c:\Users\Petrenko\Downloads\OpenRAModSDK-20190106 - Copy\engine\OpenRA.Game\ModData.cs:line 59
   at OpenRA.Game.InitializeMod(String mod, Arguments args) in c:\Users\Petrenko\Downloads\OpenRAModSDK-20190106 - Copy\engine\OpenRA.Game\Game.cs:line 412
   at OpenRA.Game.Initialize(Arguments args) in c:\Users\Petrenko\Downloads\OpenRAModSDK-20190106 - Copy\engine\OpenRA.Game\Game.cs:line 372
   at OpenRA.Game.InitializeAndRun(String[] args) in c:\Users\Petrenko\Downloads\OpenRAModSDK-20190106 - Copy\engine\OpenRA.Game\Game.cs:line 254
   at OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Petrenko\Downloads\OpenRAModSDK-20190106 - Copy\engine\OpenRA.Game\Support\Program.cs:line 37

Someone might know what i'm doing wrong? I have no idea where or what ra|bits is.

Thanks in advance

P.D.: Using OpenRAModSDK-20190106.
P.D.: after executing make.cmd got the same error in -test.

abcdefg30

Re: Mod Earth 2140 - Mod Creation Error

Post by abcdefg30 »

Can you post your mod.yaml? Usually you shouldn't need to reference "ra|bits" if you don't use the ra mod.

Narcoleptic

Post by Narcoleptic »

abcdefg30 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:40 pm
Can you post your mod.yaml? Usually you shouldn't need to reference "ra|bits" if you don't use the ra mod.
The tutorial i was following, if i understood correctly, used all the ra mod files to create the mod, just adding another rules and weapons .yamls. Nonetheless here is the mod.yaml.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
mod.yaml
(12.34 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Ah I see. Then you want to keep the "$ra: ra" (or probably better, use "./mods/ra: ra" like for the common mod). If "ra" is not defined, the game doens't know where to look for "ra|bits" etc.

Actually, if you are replacing the ra base mod with your own (and already renamed the folder etc.) you probably want to rename all occurences of "ra|" to "ratc|" and probably more (each time it complains about not finding something with "ra"). In case you still have a complete copy of the original ra mod inside your SDK, the "./mods/ra: ra" variant mentioned above is faster and easier.

PS: Not sure if that will cause issues, but I would change the indentation from spaces to tabs.