Semi-competent port of allied counterstrike campaign

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
SethXXX

Semi-competent port of allied counterstrike campaign

Post by SethXXX »

Dear community,

I recently finished porting all Allied missions from the Counterstrike expansion to Lua, and I thought I could share them here.

A few caveats:

-all of them should play fine right now, which may change with subsequent releases.
-I suck at Lua and programming in general, so there will be mostly basic code, workarounds and stuff not implemented at all because I had no clue how to do it. So don't expect polished work similar to the official missions.I also didn't follow the original techtrees to the letter.
-I didn't do Wasteland because it's just a big fat empty map with a simple "steamroll the enemy" objective which I find quite boring.
Attachments
counterstrike missions_allies.zip
(107.41 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

Matt

Re: Semi-competent port of allied counterstrike campaign

Post by Matt »

You should sent them in at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pulls one by one to get some code review and hints on how to improve the Lua scripts.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Thanks for working on this Seth.

I've taken what you've done as a springboard to try to get these missions into the official release. I've opened a pull request for the first mission and will try to tackle subsequent ones as time allows.

SethXXX

Post by SethXXX »

sorry for being super late to the party here, but in response to Matt: I have zero clue how this whole Github thing works with huge projects like OpenRA (I just use a personal repo at https://github.com/BooooB159/OpenRA-Maps mainly for backup), so I really don't feel competent to contribute in an official way.