Redesigning and Balancing TD

Let´s take a new approach together!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
ZxGanon

Redesigning and Balancing TD

Post by ZxGanon »

Hello boys,

TDGL has finished yesterday and it is now time to finally speak up. I have rewatched the VOD of SoScareds cast and there was again a huge rant on twitch chat surrounding AoA and his sheer unbelievable talent to ignore feedback of the community and instead posting fixes that are irrelevant to the problem (APC cough cough) and multiple other oddities that are currently ruining TD.

Im gonna partly quote Gdave here since he perfectly summed up the situation:
"There was a time when there was an active community, including strong players who were informed and interested in balance, with many games being played. Then a few core players drifted away, TDGL killed team games. 1v1s didn't happen enough, and people got frustrated with the lack of pace of change and not being listened to by you (AoAGeneral). Now there isn't the vibrant community that could get the balance in a good place."

This actual outcry motivated me one last time to try and change TD for the greater good. The thread you guys are reading now is gonna be the actual TD Gameplay Design and Balance thread were your guys feedback gets acknowledged, discussed and set in motion. I'm done with AoA trying to always trespassing the community with his delusional ideas to change this game into a nightmare instead of a true and beautiful game.

The following changes I present here where already passed through the community, made up by Anjew, Voidwalker and me and pushed through Mesacers modmaps. These changes had been tested for a long time where TDGL was still hyped and people where still playing TD.

The feedback Anjew and I gathered had been pushed into these following changes:

MCV:
Cost from 4000$ to 3000$
Speed from 71 to 60

APC:
Cost increased from 550 to 650
Health decreased from 21500 to 19350
BuildDuration increased from 900 to 938
TurnSpeed decreased from 8 to 5
Bullet speed decreased from 1706 to 900
Range vs air decreased from 7c0 to 5c0

E3 (Rocket Soldier):
Movementspeed from 42 to 48

Rocket Launcher:
Cost from 1000$ to 800$

Service Depot:
Healrate increase by roughly 100%

LightHusk:
HP reduction to 2000 so they vanish quicker.

Commando:
Cost from 2000$ to 1500$

Oil Derrick:
HP from 100000 to 70000

Mobile S.A.M.:
Cost from 600$ to 500$

SAM Site:
Cost from 650$ to 550$
Buildtime reduction from 27 to 25 seconds

Engineer:
CaptureThreshold changed from 50 to 55 which will allow to capture a building with 2 engineers even if the building gets repaired inbetween

Apache Longbow:
Attackrange against ground increased by 1c0
Damage against infantry from 100% to 125%

Airstrip and Warfactory:
Power requirement reduced from 50 to 40

If people want me to make statements as to why I would make changes like these, I can add them later.

Sure the APC is currently the biggest problem, a nightmare that has destroyed 1v1 and team game experience. But this thread doesn't aim to short-cut-balance TD to be fine for 1 or 2 weeks until another broken gameplay aspect might destroy your experience.

This thread aims to redesign and balance TD to spawn new gameplay and more fun for everyone.

The list from above is just the beginning. I have already gathered more feedback that will set TD into a better future.

For example the feedback from Blackened was interesting where we could change the stats of the current MCV to have less HP and movement speed to justify the costs.

Another idea of mine was to put in a unit type from CnC3 that was basically a mini MCV that could only deploy once with a deploy duration providing build radius after which could solve the one base movement gameplay that we see atm.

Another interaction to change would be the tech structure behaviour to make them recaptureable. In the same move we could change the capture mechanic of engineers against tech structures to be a 5 second external capture that consumes the engineer in the process which will allow more dynamic gameplay surrounding Oil Derricks.

Changing the power penalty to be less punishing.

Airstrike changes....there are have been plenty of ideas been mentioned in the past - just pick one finally.

As you can see guys there are infinite possibilities to take a new perspective at TD so please go ahead and collect your ideas in this thread.

The TDGL champion has spoken.

maceman

Post by maceman »

Sounds good. Do you have any test maps at all with these changes on to try them out?

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

https://resource.openra.net/maps/uploader/1277/

Thats a link to Mesacers profile. He had the newest balance changes mentioned from above (except Apache changes).

Sleipnir

Re: Redesigning and Balancing TD

Post by Sleipnir »

ZxGanon wrote: Another idea of mine was to put in a unit type from CnC3 that was basically a mini MCV that could only deploy once with a deploy duration providing build radius after which could solve the one base movement gameplay that we see atm.
#2722 and some of the other issues/irc discussion from around that time laid out plans for using the Mobile HQ for this purpose. There was never any real interest in making this part of the base radius proposal happen, so it didn't.
ZxGanon wrote: change the capture mechanic of engineers against tech structures to be a 5 second external capture that consumes the engineer in the process
This has been on the roadmap for quite some time, but requires a general rewrite of the capture code to fix the technical problems with the external capturing.

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

*** Make TD Great Again ***

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

Sleipnir wrote:
ZxGanon wrote: Another idea of mine was to put in a unit type from CnC3 that was basically a mini MCV that could only deploy once with a deploy duration providing build radius after which could solve the one base movement gameplay that we see atm.
#2722 and some of the other issues/irc discussion from around that time laid out plans for using the Mobile HQ for this purpose. There was never any real interest in making this part of the base radius proposal happen, so it didn't.
ZxGanon wrote: change the capture mechanic of engineers against tech structures to be a 5 second external capture that consumes the engineer in the process
This has been on the roadmap for quite some time, but requires a general rewrite of the capture code to fix the technical problems with the external capturing.
Yeah I have been following your steps on external capture with great interest since I know you do wanna recreate capturing of Kanes Wrath and Red Alert 3 (since it was the best mechanic of all the capture types).

It would be good if you could rewrite the mechanic while also keeping the current Red Alert capturing as a second trait. I had lots of talk with Ora community and they would like to keep that.

But I guess there is no problem of having 2 different named traites.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

There will be one trait with settings for the "external wait delay" and for consume / don't. Current RA behaviour would be approximated by a long delay and no consuming. Current TD behaviour would be replicated by zero delay and consuming. KW/RA3 behaviour would use both.

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

Sleipnir wrote: There will be one trait with settings for the "external wait delay" and for consume / don't. Current RA behaviour would be approximated by a long delay and no consuming. Current TD behaviour would be replicated by zero delay and consuming. KW/RA3 behaviour would use both.
Excellent the people gonna love to hear if Im telling them that info. Especially necessary for SP soon.

Btw. is there also currently a progress on engineers not disabling production or being unable to undeploy mcv when getting external captured or even being able to sell buildings that are about to get captured?

That was one loveley feature in KW and RA3.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Yes. That falls under "fix the technical problems with the external capturing" alongside not allowing multiple engineers/players to capture at the same time.

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

Sleipnir wrote: Yes. That falls under "fix the technical problems with the external capturing" alongside not allowing multiple engineers/players to capture at the same time.
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

So guys I added new mod map versions ith the following changes.

General:
New starting units:
* Scout Squad which provides you with 3 Minigunners
Airstrike:
* Changed so that it only appears from either north or south, still random appearance
* Changed spread of the machine gun from 426 to 386
Low Power Slowdown:
* To fight being on low power the build time of the Power Plant has been reduced from 12 to 8 seconds
MCV:
* Cost is reduced to 3000$
* Build time changed from 60 to 47 seconds
* HP reduced from 120000 to 60000
* Speed reduced to 60
Service Depot:
* Heal rate increased by 100%
* Decreased Power Requirement from -30 to -20
Oil Derrick:
* Reduced the health from 100000 to 70000
Rocket Solider:
* Increased movment speed from 42 to 50
Engineer:
* Fix for handling the problem when caputuring a building which gets repaired
Other:
* Husk from light vehicles on stays for a few secs
Weapons Factory / Airstrip:
* Reduced the power requirements from -50 to -40

GDI:
APC:
* Reduced the projectile speed from instant to 900
* Price increased to 600$
* Health reduced from 21500 to 19000
* Reduced the turn speed from 8 to 5
* Build time set to 15 sec
* Anti air gun reduced from 7 to 5
* Visionradius reduced from 7c0 to 6c0
Rocket Launcher:
* Cost reduced to 800$
Commando:
* Reduced the price from 2000$ to 1200$
* Reduced attackrange from 8co to 7c0

Nod:
Mobile SAM:
* Cost reduced from 600$ to 500$
SAM Site:
* Cost reduced from 650$ to 550$
* Build time reduced from 27 to 25 sec
Apache Longbow:
* Increased attackrange against ground from 4c0 to 5c0 to be on par with Orca
* Increased damage against None from 100% to 125%

Changes have been tested so far and it seems very fluent. Had anjew, Unano, Master and Mesacer testing it to name some VIP´s.

I have been taken over some changes AoA did like reducing buildtime of Power Plants or weakening the weapon of the A10 Airstrike. But I have gone further beyond that by letting Airstrikes only hitting from either north or south and only into a straight line.

Furthermore I have been setting up with Mesacer and Unano to do a triangle balance team to get everything going so we can set all changes quicker and also gather feedback of the community quicker.

Next update we gonna try to tackle something Pchote wanted to do. We are gonna try implementing the experience system we are using with Nolt in Shattered Paradise since a month and it works like a charm.

Changed veterancy system:
Veterancy: (achieved after killing 300% of the units worth)
+10% Durability
+10% Attack damage
+10% Attack speed
+10% Movement speed
Elite: (achieved after killing 600% of the units worth)
+10% Durability
+10% Attack damage
+10% Attack speed
+10% Movement speed
Heroic: (achieved after killing 900% of the units worth)
Unit gains self healing to 100%
+10% Durability
+10% Attack damage
+10% Attack speed
+10% Movement speed
Removed Chevron 3 and made Platinum Star the new Rank 3
Removed accuracy bonus
Streamlined the other bonuses
Adjusted required experience to gain rank

https://resource.openra.net/maps/27249/
https://resource.openra.net/maps/27250/
More maps will follow of course.

Beans

Post by Beans »

ZxGanon wrote: So guys I added new mod map versions ith the following changes.

General:
New starting units:
* Scout Squad which provides you with 3 Minigunners

I liked This, but I wouldn't want it to replace light units.

Airstrike:
* Changed so that it only appears from either north or south, still random appearance
* Changed spread of the machine gun from 426 to 386

I would like to see The AS come from the closest side of the map

Low Power Slowdown:
* To fight being on low power the build time of the Power Plant has been reduced from 12 to 8 seconds

Yes

MCV:
* Cost is reduced to 3000$ I'm ok with it.
* Build time changed from 60 to 47 seconds
* HP reduced from 120000 to 60000

This was bobbins, way too weak given its importance. Made me feel sick.

* Speed reduced to 60 why?

Service Depot:
* Heal rate increased by 100%

Ok , this seems like a Buff to GDI to me as they have more units that benefit greater, I would like to see the repair pad be free, 100% increase for NOD and 50% increase for GDI, see how it goes.

* Decreased Power Requirement from -30 to -20
yes

Oil Derrick:
* Reduced the health from 100000 to 70000

Oil still OP fuck, and has more HP than your current MCV idea, crazy.

Rocket Solider:
* Increased movment speed from 42 to 50

This Unit isn't broken, leave it alone

Engineer:
* Fix for handling the problem when caputuring a building which gets repaired

55% capture does this?

Other:
* Husk from light vehicles on stays for a few secs,

yes

Weapons Factory / Airstrip:
* Reduced the power requirements from -50 to -40

yes

GDI:
APC:
* Reduced the projectile speed from instant to 900
* Price increased to 600$
* Health reduced from 21500 to 19000
* Reduced the turn speed from 8 to 5
* Build time set to 15 sec
* Anti air gun reduced from 7 to 5
* Visionradius reduced from 7c0 to 6c0

This goes too far, just reduce its HP back to its [previous amount -10% and reduce damage vs Armor, all this tweaking will end badly.

Rocket Launcher:
* Cost reduced to 800$

Maybe, lots of testing needed

Commando:
* Reduced the price from 2000$ to 1200$
* Reduced attackrange from 8co to 7c0

lets try £1500, no nerf, its a great unit in skilled hands, £1200 is going too far

Nod:
Mobile SAM:
* Cost reduced from 600$ to 500$

Yes

SAM Site:
* Cost reduced from 650$ to 550$
* Build time reduced from 27 to 25 sec

Yes, and it still sucks

Apache Longbow:
* Increased attackrange against ground from 4c0 to 5c0 to be on par with Orca
* Increased damage against None from 100% to 125%

Unit isn't broken, leave it alone. Great anti infantry, eats through MRLS/Artillery and fucks up buildings in groups. Great for targeting power plants.

Changes have been tested so far and it seems very fluent. Had anjew, Unano, Master and Mesacer testing it to name some VIP´s.

I have been taken over some changes AoA did like reducing buildtime of Power Plants or weakening the weapon of the A10 Airstrike. But I have gone further beyond that by letting Airstrikes only hitting from either north or south and only into a straight line.

Furthermore I have been setting up with Mesacer and Unano to do a triangle balance team to get everything going so we can set all changes quicker and also gather feedback of the community quicker.

Next update we gonna try to tackle something Pchote wanted to do. We are gonna try implementing the experience system we are using with Nolt in Shattered Paradise since a month and it works like a charm.

Changed veterancy system:
Veterancy: (achieved after killing 300% of the units worth)
+10% Durability
+10% Attack damage
+10% Attack speed
+10% Movement speed
Elite: (achieved after killing 600% of the units worth)
+10% Durability
+10% Attack damage
+10% Attack speed
+10% Movement speed
Heroic: (achieved after killing 900% of the units worth)
Unit gains self healing to 100%
+10% Durability
+10% Attack damage
+10% Attack speed
+10% Movement speed
Removed Chevron 3 and made Platinum Star the new Rank 3
Removed accuracy bonus
Streamlined the other bonuses
Adjusted required experience to gain rank

Changes to veterans sound good to me, I currently just ignore it.

https://resource.openra.net/maps/27249/
https://resource.openra.net/maps/27250/
More maps will follow of course.

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

This is the current patch note of my newest try to improve TD under the Title: TD A New Dawn.

Conyard:
- Cost from 4000$ to 3000$

Power Plant:
- Cost from 500$ to 400$
To improve the early game.

Advanced Power Plant:
- Cost from 800$ to 700$

Refinery:
- Storage capacity from 700$ to 1000$

Aistrip:
- Buildtime from 48 secs to 40 secs
This change was made to compensate the 12 second delivery delay of the Plane.
Nod should be finally at a competitive fair point with this change.

Repair Station:
- Energy cost from -30 to -10
After the removal of the prerequisite on the MCV it lost it´s reason to be there so I made it easier to build it without going low power.

Advanced Communications Center:
- Cost increased from 1800$ to 2000$
- Energy cost decreased from -150 to -100
- HP increased from 130000 to 210000

Temple of Nod:
- Reveals shroud increased from 6c0 to 10c0
The changes to both Superweapons were made because both provide the 3rd tech level and superweapons.
Why should such buildings be handled different because of the superweapons themselves.
Both have enormous strength in their own right (Ion Cannon obliterates armies in an instant
while the nuke levels bases)

All defences:
- normalised their building speed to match their cost
This change was necessary to finally stop instant snowballing after winning a fight to put up
some emergency defences to hold out longer until replenishing your own army.

Guard Tower:
- Requires now Power Plant instead of Barracks/Hand of Nod to be build
This change will finally bring more variety to builds rather than forcing you to open barracks to
defend against the current (very) strong allins that exist in TD.

Obelisk of Light:
- From T3 (Temple) to T2 (Radar)
The Advanced Guard Tower of GDI is overall far more potent than the Obelisk.
The GDI Tower is superior in cost and energy, being able to hit Air while also strong against all ground units.
If the Obelisk is too powerful then I will reduce it's attack speed. (pretty sure I dont have to
since a camping Nod player is far weaker than an aggressive one since Nod has to swarm the map to surivive)

Rocket Soldier (E3):
- Movement Speed increased from 42 to 56 to match the minigunner
The current meta annihilates the use of Rocket Soldiers outside of APC´s.
Also the slower a unit in OpenRA is the worse it the microability.
This change should finally clean up this mess.

Flamethrower (E4):
- Increased movementspeed from 56 to 71
In original TD the Flamethrower was even faster than the grenadier so I made them atleast even.
In my opinion the Flamethrower is an underwhelming unit.
If this change was a mistake I can easily readjust.

Engineer (E6):
- Now has external capture and set to 7 seconds
As soon as the new code hits were engineer locking is removed it will also be implemented
and the capture time will be set to 5 seconds. (So it works like in KW and RA3)

Commando:
- Cost from 2000$ to 1400$
Another unit that is very underwhelming. Due to it´s equivalent cost of 20 Minigunners who are just better so with
1400$ in might see use outside of dropping or to clean up Chemical Troopers (even though 20 Minigunners did a better job).

MCV:
- Decreased cost from 4000$ to 3000$
- Buld time reset to match the cost (72 seconds)
- Removed Repair Station as the requirement (still requires Radar)
- HP reduced from 120000 to 60000
- Shroud reveal increased from 8c0 to 9c0
Due to the fact that the 4k MCV is just impossible to build (especially 1v1) without dying to counter attacks the cost of
the MCV have been set to 3000$. Back than when 2000$ MCV was a horrible meta I can understand being scared of by this but I assure
you the 3K MCV has been tested already and it is still not possible to go for a second MCV early on (till 7th minute) without
dying to an immediate response from your opponent that might even use 2xFactory/Airstrip at that point. Even the removal of
the Repair Station hasn´t improved this strategy but people are no encouraged to rebuild their MCV when they lost the first one.
The HP has been cut in half due to the infinite possiblities and MCV allin can possibly offer in the early stage of the game.
It has not been abused to an extend yet due to people taking a like to go for macro games rather than ending it quick but
these allins are kinda impossible to hold if you dont do the same move. This kind of gameplay is toxic and I feel like
shouldn´t be possible. If ppl are scared of losing the MCV tio Ion Cannons than they should take in acocunt that the Nuke
can even destroy the Conyard itself. Also wasting your Ion Cannon on an MCV rather than annihilating a big chunk of the opponents
army will lead into dieing to a counter push. The vision range has been increased to immediately deploy your MCV if enemy units
appear since the HP was cut in half.

Harvester:
- Increased Movement Speed from 85 to 100
- Readjusted buildtime from 27 secs to 24 secs
This change was an idea of Orb to encourage long distance harvesting and I like this idea aswell.
Readjusted the buildtime due to my politics of reducing all the customized buildtimes.

Rocket Launcher:
- Renamed it to MLRS
- Increased damage against None from 24 to 40
This thing is way weaker than the Nod artillery in any regards but killing Light Armor. When players (especially Nod players)
perform heavy infantry pushes against GDI...well let´s just say GDI has a very very hard time dealing with those. So this buff
should help out GDI on that regard while also improvng the MLRS.
Oh yeah btw I renamed it because it feels good man.

Stealth Tank:
- Cost from 900$ to 950$
- reduced damage from 6000 to 4500
- increased rocket count from 2 to 4
- speeded up the burst from 10 to 8
The Stealth Tank always felt to me like a stealthed Nod Attack Bike and that is just not satisfying enough for a member of Kane
so I took an example of how the modern CnC´s handled the stank by increasing the rocket count to let it not only feel more powerful
but also increasing its value. If the Stank will overperform I might undo this change but for now I wanna see how this is going.

Chinook:
- Cost from 750$ to 600$
To encourage more dropplay.

Apache Longbow:
- Increased attack range of the gorund weapon from 4c0 to 5c0
With this change it finally matches the attack range of the Orca. Im still pretty sure the Apache is underperforming.
It is an excellent Orca killer and okay against infantry and Artillery (it should be now better against those) but
the Orca is still a way better tool to use.

Reworked the Oil Derricks:
- Cash Tick Amount from 25$ to 50$
- Cash Tick Interval from 125 to 200
- Now upon capturing provides 250$ (everytime you capture and recapture)
In theory provides a bit more money over time while also finally able to deny bigger intervals when killing the structure.
Refund of 250$ to speed up the gameplay with Barracks opener (which is currently far inferior to Factory/Airstrip opener).
Due to the change of the Guard Tower and other changes the Barracks opener should not become the way to go strategy while
also improving other openers beside Factory/Airstrip.

Removed the damage of exploding Husks:
- Idea of Anjew and Orb and I like that too

A10 Strike:
- Reduced damage of the MG against Light Armor from 100% to 30%
This should now make sense (means flesh torn apart by a Machine Gun while Armor surviving it)
while also rebalancing this imba ability that can literally turn the game upside down.

Changes that I might do in the future:
- removal of the build penalty between buildings since this is just unnecessary
- redoing the Mobile SAM of Nod since it is just not necessary.
It outshines Apaches, Attackbikes and even Sam Sites and Stanks so why not restoring the original Napalm Rockets and make it T3?
Last edited by ZxGanon on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

All these changes aim for a more fair and competitive environment in TD while also creating more excitement and pushing TD´s limits while still keeping it´s spirit.

I want a modernized TD with the need to use strategic unit production and deployment rather than a hectic spammfestival where the whole meaning to produce unit´s is just to have them around.

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

Updated my mod to 1.2. Changes have been marked as green that refers to Patch 1.2.

Conyard:
- Cost from 4000$ to 3000$

Power Plant:
- Cost from 500$ to 400$
To improve the early game.

Advanced Power Plant:
- Cost from 800$ to 700$

Refinery:
- Storage capacity from 700$ to 1000$

Aistrip:
- Buildtime from 48 secs to 40 secs
This change was made to compensate the 12 second delivery delay of the Plane.
Nod should be finally at a competitive fair point with this change.

Repair Station:
- Energy cost from -30 to -10
- repairing buffed: HpPerStep: 1000 and Interval: 7
After the removal of the prerequisite on the MCV it lost it´s reason to be there so I made it easier to build it without going low power.
The repair buff was a nice idea by Orb.

Communication Center:
- cost from 1000$ to 1500$
This change will definately slow down the game by a lot and also will shift the usage of A10 a bit through out a game.
A higher cost T2 prerequisite will not only slow down the A10 usage but everything else unlocked with it and above aswell.

Advanced Communications Center:
- Cost increased from 1800$ to 2000$
- Energy cost decreased from -150 to -100
- HP increased from 130000 to 210000

Temple of Nod:
- Reveals shroud increased from 6c0 to 10c0
The changes to both Superweapons were made because both provide the 3rd tech level and superweapons.
Why should such buildings be handled different because of the superweapons themselves.
Both have enormous strength in their own right (Ion Cannon obliterates armies in an instant
while the nuke levels bases)

All defences:
- normalised their building speed to match their cost
This change was necessary to finally stop instant snowballing after winning a fight to put up
some emergency defences to hold out longer until replenishing your own army.

Guard Tower:
- Requires now Power Plant instead of Barracks/Hand of Nod to be build
This change will finally bring more variety to builds rather than forcing you to open barracks to
defend against the current (very) strong allins that exist in TD.
- reverted requirement from Power Plant to Barracks
- Armor set from wood to heavy
- cost from 600$ to 500$
My previous attempt buffed factory/airstrip openers which caused me to redo this change into something different.
I changed the armor type of the Guard Tower and decreased it´s cost to first buff it against infantry (which it is supposed to counter while nerfing it against vehicles that carry anti armor weapons to clean up it´s weird behaviour. This should promote barracks openers but I´m pretty sure factory/aristrip are still the way to go opener on most maps.

Turret:
- Requirement from Barracks to Factory/Airstrip
This change was made to first give Factory/Airstrip openers some possibilities to defend against early vehicle raids (that usually end the game in 3 minutes) which is ultimately boring and has been proven multiple times especially through out the whole TDGL (next to broken APC´s). I know this change promotes said openers more than Barracks first but this change also makes sense to get anti vehicle turret with vehicle production and Guard Tower with infantry production.

SAM Site:
- reduced cost from 650$ to 600$

Obelisk of Light:
- From T3 (Temple) to T2 (Radar)
The Advanced Guard Tower of GDI is overall far more potent than the Obelisk.
The GDI Tower is superior in cost and energy, being able to hit Air while also strong against all ground units.
If the Obelisk is too powerful then I will reduce it's attack speed. (pretty sure I dont have to
since a camping Nod player is far weaker than an aggressive one since Nod has to swarm the map to surivive)

Advanced Guard Tower:
- increased cost from 1000$ to 1250$
- restored it´s weapon from the original means it now has a 2-burst missile weapon with longer reload
This I adjusted to first of all nerf the AGTW against ground units but buff its behaviour against Air. The AGTW is an overperforming defence structure
especially in team games. It is stated to have a weakness against infantry but that is not the case. It´s damage and spammability was outshining the Obelisk of Light.

Rocket Soldier (E3):
- Movement Speed increased from 42 to 56 to match the minigunner
The current meta annihilates the use of Rocket Soldiers outside of APC´s.
Also the slower a unit in OpenRA is the worse it the microability.
This change should finally clean up this mess.

Flamethrower (E4):
- Increased movementspeed from 56 to 71
In original TD the Flamethrower was as fast as the grenadier so I made them even.
In my opinion the Flamethrower is an underwhelming unit.
If this change was a mistake I can easily readjust.

Engineer (E6):
- Now has external capture and set to 7 seconds
As soon as the new code hits were engineer locking is removed it will also be implemented
and the capture time will be set to 5 seconds. (So it works like in KW and RA3)

Commando:
- Cost from 2000$ to 1400$
Another unit that is very underwhelming. Due to it´s equivalent cost of 20 Minigunners who are just better so with
1400$ in might see use outside of dropping or to clean up Chemical Troopers (even though 20 Minigunners did a better job).

MCV:
- Decreased cost from 4000$ to 3000$
- Buld time reset to match the cost (72 seconds)
- Removed Repair Station as the requirement (still requires Radar)
- HP reduced from 120000 to 60000
- Shroud reveal increased from 8c0 to 9c0
Due to the fact that the 4k MCV is just impossible to build (especially 1v1) without dying to counter attacks the cost of
the MCV have been set to 3000$. Back than when 2000$ MCV was a horrible meta I can understand being scared of by this but I assure
you the 3K MCV has been tested already and it is still not possible to go for a second MCV early on (till 7th minute) without
dying to an immediate response from your opponent that might even use 2xFactory/Airstrip at that point. Even the removal of
the Repair Station hasn´t improved this strategy but people are no encouraged to rebuild their MCV when they lost the first one.
The HP has been cut in half due to the infinite possiblities and MCV allin can possibly offer in the early stage of the game.
It has not been abused to an extend yet due to people taking a like to go for macro games rather than ending it quick but
these allins are kinda impossible to hold if you dont do the same move. This kind of gameplay is toxic and I feel like
shouldn´t be possible. If ppl are scared of losing the MCV tio Ion Cannons than they should take in acocunt that the Nuke
can even destroy the Conyard itself. Also wasting your Ion Cannon on an MCV rather than annihilating a big chunk of the opponents
army will lead into dieing to a counter push. The vision range has been increased to immediately deploy your MCV if enemy units
appear since the HP was cut in half.

- undone HP nerf and vision buff
My idea to nerf the Monstertrucking of MCV´s has proven successful but also had a negative sight effect of the game become boring and stale.
In short: it nerfed allins so hard that it removed build orders which I dont appreciate. I want TD to become a competitive faster paced OpenRA game
with strategic decision making rather than snowballing limited tankbattles out of one base the entire game.
Also this might cause "MCV-Monstertrucking" to reappear but first I´m the only one doing that atm and 2nd I´m pretty sure ppl will find a counter.

Harvester:
- Increased Movement Speed from 85 to 100
- Readjusted buildtime from 27 secs to 24 secs
This change was an idea of Orb to encourage long distance harvesting and I like this idea aswell.
Readjusted the buildtime due to my politics of reducing all the customized buildtimes.

Rocket Launcher:
- Renamed it to MLRS
- Increased damage against None from 24 to 40
This thing is way weaker than the Nod artillery in any regards but killing Light Armor. When players (especially Nod players)
perform heavy infantry pushes against GDI...well let´s just say GDI has a very very hard time dealing with those. So this buff
should help out GDI on that regard while also improvng the MLRS.
Oh yeah btw I renamed it because it feels good man.

Stealth Tank:
- Cost from 900$ to 950$
- reduced damage from 6000 to 4500
- increased rocket count from 2 to 4
- speeded up the burst from 10 to 8
The Stealth Tank always felt to me like a stealthed Nod Attack Bike and that is just not satisfying enough for a member of Kane
so I took an example of how the modern CnC´s handled the stank by increasing the rocket count to let it not only feel more powerful
but also increasing its value. If the Stank will overperform I might undo this change but for now I wanna see how this is going.

Chinook:
- Cost from 750$ to 600$
To encourage more dropplay.

Apache Longbow:
- Increased attack range of the gorund weapon from 4c0 to 5c0
With this change it finally matches the attack range of the Orca. Im still pretty sure the Apache is underperforming.
It is an excellent Orca killer and okay against infantry and Artillery (it should be now better against those) but
the Orca is still a way better tool to use.

Reworked the Oil Derricks:
- Cash Tick Amount from 25$ to 50$
- Cash Tick Interval from 125 to 200
- Now upon capturing provides 250$ (everytime you capture and recapture)
In theory provides a bit more money over time while also finally able to deny bigger intervals when killing the structure.
Refund of 250$ to speed up the gameplay with Barracks opener (which is currently far inferior to Factory/Airstrip opener).
Due to the change of the Guard Tower and other changes the Barracks opener should not become the way to go strategy while
also improving other openers beside Factory/Airstrip.

Removed the damage of exploding Husks:
- Idea of Anjew and Orb and I like that too

A10 Strike:
- Reduced damage of the MG against Light Armor from 100% to 30%
This should now make sense (means flesh torn apart by a Machine Gun while Armor surviving it)
while also rebalancing this imba ability that can literally turn the game upside down.

Changes that I might do in the future:
- removal of the build penalty between buildings since this is just unnecessary
- redoing the Mobile SAM of Nod since it is just not necessary.
It outshines Apaches, Attackbikes and even Sam Sites and Stanks so why not restoring the original Napalm Rockets and make it T3?
Last edited by ZxGanon on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.