Smitty's Fall 2017 Playtest

Now in HD

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Great, will try these out at weekend.

Regarding GPS,has it ever been considered that allied tech centre can only be built once unless destroyed,like nuke and IC?

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

It won't make it less OP, just more common to lose that OP. Still I've rarely seen people building more than one TC just to prevent it being sniped.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

The idea merely just comes from being able to throw down an all in without the opponent knowing. It is indeed a quick fix/bandaid that may help end games.

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

Just remove Grenadier explosion. The unit is crap in army compositions anyway.
Flamethrowers are better and even those are not used atm.

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

Smitty wrote: * snip
- Pillbox and Camo Pillbox power cost increased from 15 to 20
* snip
-Mechanic wrench heals 25 HP, up from 20.
* snip
Looks like there are some nice changes there, I'd argue for bringing flame tower power consumption in-line with Pillbox and Camopill and upping them all to 25.

As for the mechanic, I think they're strong enough already, they do decent job of healing and the husk capture can be a game changer, I'd leave them as they are.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

If possible place numbers on the edited changes. Slight fire rate increase for light tanks doesn't tell me to much. Is it increased by one number? Two numbers? Fire rate makes huge impacts on their fire rate in compared to raw damage changes.

Also 10% could be a lot. So the damage vs wood gets increased plus a fire rate increase could mean 15-25% damage increase. (Depending on the number value changed.) Which makes it a cloudy area to figure out its full damage.

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

AoAGeneral1 wrote: If possible place numbers on the edited changes. Slight fire rate increase for light tanks doesn't tell me to much. Is it increased by one number? Two numbers? Fire rate makes huge impacts on their fire rate in compared to raw damage changes.

Also 10% could be a lot. So the damage vs wood gets increased plus a fire rate increase could mean 15-25% damage increase. (Depending on the number value changed.) Which makes it a cloudy area to figure out its full damage.
- Light tank 25mm reload delay reduced from 22 to 21, Damage vs wood increased by 10%
Its is present on the second page of the thread

spetsnaz84

Post by spetsnaz84 »

I like most of the proposed changes but I feel the MiG should fly a lot faster. I feel the ranger is almost as fast as a MiG and that simply does not make any sense.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Seconded - you can shave off 14 move speed (8%) from the ranger without issue. Will still be the quickest land vehicle there is.

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

netnazgul wrote:
AoAGeneral1 wrote: If possible place numbers on the edited changes. Slight fire rate increase for light tanks doesn't tell me to much. Is it increased by one number? Two numbers? Fire rate makes huge impacts on their fire rate in compared to raw damage changes.

- Light tank 25mm reload delay reduced from 22 to 21, Damage vs wood increased by 10%
Its is present on the second page of the thread
As stated, should be placed in one spot for easy viewing instead of 8 different links. (Which 5 don't work at the moment.) But I got the Github numbers instead so to late for debates.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

spetsnaz84 wrote: I like most of the proposed changes but I feel the MiG should fly a lot faster. I feel the ranger is almost as fast as a MiG and that simply does not make any sense.
Thats just your feeling the mig is faster than the ranger, even if the ranger drives on a raod the mig is the winner.
The ranger needs the speed for being a good scouting unit, what would it be good for without that? Against infantry the lighttank is better and often my 1st choice.
Make the Migs faster and it will be harder to control especially for newbies.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Has anyone thought about giving migs more health? AA guns can just aim and the mig comes flying down without a bullet shot.

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

Happy wrote: Has anyone thought about giving migs more health? AA guns can just aim and the mig comes flying down without a bullet shot.
It is already being increased a bit for next version. Just from 70 to 75 tho.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Give the mig a special function on default "f" key : post combustion, increase his speed by 50% for some seconds, like enought to travel quarter of a map in hight speed.

Arular

Post by Arular »

I think the reason that the MiG and, in lesser extent, the Longbow are not that interesting to build is not because that they are underperforming. But that the Yak and the Hind are just too effective in destroying wood armored buildings. The machine guns are doing almost the same damage as the missiles of the more expensive aircraft (see here). They do compared to other units with machine guns like the APC, Pillbox, etc. also way more damage vs wood armored buildings.

Maybe the damage vs wood should be reduced a bit, to make the other aircraft more interesting to build. What do you guys think about this?

---

A second point I like to discuss is: how much shroud is revealed for every unit. There are currently some inconsistencies.

Starting with the buildings:

Revealed. Vs Gap. Offline.
[tab] 3 [tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab]Biological Lab
[tab] 4 [tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab](Adv) Power, Kennel, Silo, Fakes, Hospital, Oil Derrick
[tab] 5 [tab][tab][tab]4[tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab]Forward Command, (all other buildings)
[tab] 6 [tab][tab][tab]5[tab][tab][tab] 5 [tab][tab]Missile Silo, Iron Curtain, Chronosphere
[tab] 7 [tab][tab][tab]4[tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab]Airfield
[tab]10[tab][tab][tab]6[tab][tab][tab] 5 [tab][tab]Radar Dome
[tab]10[tab][tab][tab]6[tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab]Allied Tech Center, Communications Center

Almost all buildings reveals 5 cells of shroud, and when there is a gap generator it drops to 4 cells. I propose the Power Plant, Advanced Power Plant, Airfield and the Allied Tech Center should also reveal 5 cells. The Biological Lab could get an increase of 1 cell, to get in line with the other tech structures.

The defensive buildings:

Revealed. Vs Gap. Offline.
[tab] 6 [tab][tab][tab]5[tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab](Camo) Pillbox, Flame Tower, AA Gun, SAM, Gap Gen
[tab] 7 [tab][tab][tab]5[tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab]Turret
[tab] 8 [tab][tab][tab]6[tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab]Tesla Coil

These look fine to me.

Infantry:

Revealed.
[tab]3[tab][tab]Medic, Mechanic, Einstein, Agent Delphi, Chan, General
[tab]4[tab][tab]Rifle, Grenadier, Rocket, Flame, Engineer, Ant, Zombie
[tab]5[tab][tab]Dog, Spy, Thief, Hijacker, Shock
[tab]6[tab][tab]Tanya, Sniper

The Medic and Mechanic could get an increase of 1 cell, bringing it in line with the engineer.

Vehicles:

Revealed. Vs Gap.
[tab] 4 [tab][tab][tab] [tab][tab][tab] MCV, Ore Truck, Supply Truck, Demo Truck
[tab] 5 [tab][tab][tab]4[tab][tab][tab]Light tank, APC, V2, Artillery, Minelayer
[tab] 6 [tab][tab][tab]4[tab][tab][tab]Medium Tank, Heavy Tank, Flak, MGG, Chrono Tank, MAD Tank
[tab] 7 [tab][tab][tab]4[tab][tab][tab]Mammoth Tank, Phase Transport
[tab] 7 [tab][tab][tab]6[tab][tab][tab]Tesla Tank
[tab] 7 [tab][tab][tab]7[tab][tab][tab]MRJ
[tab] 8 [tab][tab][tab]4[tab][tab][tab]Ranger

Only the Tesla Tank is out of line, but I’m not sure if this should be changed.

Ships:

Revealed. Vs Gap.
[tab] 6 [tab][tab][tab]5[tab][tab][tab]Transport, Destroyer, Missile Sub
[tab] 7 [tab][tab][tab]5[tab][tab][tab]Gunboat, Cruiser
[tab] 8 [tab][tab][tab]5[tab][tab][tab]Submarine

Here the Destroyer could get an increase of 1 cell to put it in line with the other Allied ships. I think the Missile Sub should also get the same reveal like the Submarine.

I would also like the hear the opinions about this.