This is now your RAGL people.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
OMnom

Post by OMnom »

netnazgul wrote:
OMnom wrote: -------------
This could all have been a valid discussion if this was raised a month ago when Blackened took the reign of RAGL administration. Seeing as noone made any suggestions, raised questions and laid out any details on changes he wants to RAGL structure - new admins are in their right to do as they wanted. The only objection could be to them not asking the community as they decided to implement changes on their judgement and (likely) advice from SoS.

Omnom, if you were not satisfied with best of 2, home-away, league imbalance - why have you not asked all that before? In a forum thread?
Unlike Happy, I don't raise a ruckus when someone does something that upsets me. I've been here long enough to know that words mean nothing because every good idea gets fucking lost in this forum. Again, go to http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 82&t=20217 and see exactly how many of those suggestions (and who suggested them) have been implemented. This existed a month before Blackened became the admin.

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

OMnom wrote: Again, go to http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 82&t=20217 and see exactly how many of those suggestions (and who suggested them) have been implemented. T
Nothing yet was or wasn't implemented because the season is not started. We still have 11 days to iron the things out.

Wippie

Post by Wippie »

OMnom wrote:
noobmapmaker wrote: My personal opinion: I think RAGL is about competive RA and this season is a season of change in which admins will have a bit more freedom in deciding who starts where. Who actually want to be in the masters, aside from those who are allready in it? Lucasss, T, NMM, Kuba in my opinion should all be in the minions. That leaves Juicebox, Happy, MT - if Im correct. Do they want to be in the Masters? Juicebox not, Medium Tank I dont know, Happy yes. If Medium Tank wants to be in the masters: let him battle Happy to see who deserves it most.

I also hope there will be a cadet league, below the recruits. If Im correct people gave their skill level when signing up. Place them accordingly in recruit or cadet. This season is the moment to add another layer in the league, I dont see how to funnel players from Recruit A, B, C and D into minions...
100% agree. Of all the previous changes that were suggested, I thought that they'd at least do this.
I agree for 90%, as it seems to correct way to proceed, but we have to consider:
- Other then NMM, Kuba, T and Lucasss havent expressed their opinion in public. This is important as they might feel very uncomfortable right now. Also, all these players already proven to be loyal players. We have to respect these players.
- The point of a league is a competition over an x amount of time. In this x amount of time, players can improve, some by a little, some by a lot. If Happy wants a playoff this week versus one of the above players, there is no saying on how this game would have played out at the end of the RAGL season.
- If above players decline, I see no reason to deny access to the next in line. Especially not if the next in line are highly competitive players.

In the end we want as many good and fun matches as possible.

Last but not least. No matter what happens, I look forward to following both masters and minions, as a lot of interesting matchups will be played.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Yeah it would be defendable if any of those want to go masters. In my opinion we 4 should remain minions because of our skill level. But if any of them wants to go to the masters they can rightfully claim their spot. I decline btw.

Forgot to mention Omnom btw as contender for the master spot.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

UPDATE: The decision to alienate recruits from a masters place is final. This is because they're upset and wanting to punish.
Here should be .1 photo hanging big "SARCASM" sign before him.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

A reminder to those who are participating in this discussion:
  • If this topic turns abusive it will be locked and/or removed.
  • The responsibility of the RAGL and any decisions regarding it's running belong to the RAGL officials.
  • If you do not like what they are doing then bring it up with them (Example: this topic).
I can understand everyone is upset because in this instance RAGL officials have taken actions unlisted in the official rulebook. I would like a comment from
Blackened and/or .1 regarding the issues raised as this has gotten out of hand.
Last edited by Murto the Ray on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

anjew

Post by anjew »

noobmapmaker wrote: see who deserves it most.
This.

Like I said, why not milk as many games out of this league as possible. More games, more casts, more streams, more fun!!
Murto the Ray wrote: [*]The responsibility of the RAGL and any decisions regarding it's running belong to the RAGL officials.
This is very important to remember though. As much as players like to think its their league and that they have some power because its a community event, it really isn't like that. Until you are the one dealing with registrations, statistics, archiving, administration, match scheduling and updating you cant go around calling the shots. I don't support splintering the communities but If you really have a problem, my only suggestion is to make a league or a tournament yourself.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

@Happy: your final update has been removed as it simply abusive and nonconstructive. If this continues this topic will be locked and/or removed.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

I made a sugestion that i don't have seen any trace any where.

I have been playing those last month and agasint various players. I can tell you that looking at the skill of half the minion division, we have At least 12 players with equal or above skill in recruits.

Why do an intermediary division and make a step to the top longer when you can just do more accessible the already exesting intermediary step wich is minion by adding a second parralel minion division.

Recruit A => [tab] | Minion A =>
[tab][tab][tab] [tab] => | [tab] [tab][tab][tab][tab]=> Master
Recruit B => [tab] | Minion B =>

With this format, the choke point is moved to master, the most convoited spot.

And to insure a rotation and a proper skill in that division with the amout of players coming from minions : Half bottom of master division is susceptible to be demoted, 2 bottom straight for the 2 winner of 2 minions and 4 others bottom master by BOX to sort the right person be present the next season in master.

With this, at least this years we would have better skill mixed division and a way better 2 recruit divisions for newcomers as we are moving straight majority of the strong recruit players into minions.

Who gets MINIONS from newcommers ? According to reputation juddgement , we take the 12 players we think deserve to form the second minion division and opose to them 12 random other recruit players, the 12 winners of a bo3 will face the last 12 payers left. With that, we can see in 2 sets of BO3 if the players "judged to be minion" deserve to go minion over the others by let them a chance to win. OFC a last resort of someone think that the system has not been fair to him can be thought. This can be done wiothint 1 or 2 weeks and i think it would be worth it to delay the league by 1 week if it can make it a far better place for all players.

I don't known if my idea is well structured, if that seems interesting to you i can try to re-express it with a better structure and more details

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

If your suggestion is implemented, WhoCares, then I think we'll just have to let the leagueadmins place players (old recruits and new recruits) in the cadet/recruit/minion leagues, based upon reputation and the skilllevel people estimated themselves to be when signing up.

Playing so many games even before the season is just not feasible. In that case we'll just have accept that this season is an in between season where the restructuring required a subjective decision early in the tournament.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

<REMOVED>

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

@AMHOL i don't know who your comment was aimed at but there was no need for it, it has been removed.

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

Murto the Ray wrote: @AMHOL i don't know who your comment was aimed at but there was no need for it, it has been removed.
Everyone here :) You can't handle the power of mod son

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

AMHOL wrote: -Snip-
It doesn't matter who it was aimed at, it was inappropriate and nonconstructive.

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

Murto the Ray wrote:
AMHOL wrote: -Snip-
It doesn't matter who it was aimed at, it was inappropriate and nonconstructive.
You're far too sensible for your age Murto, live a little ;)