Easy & high value gameplay polishes.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Chimpo

Easy & high value gameplay polishes.

Post by Chimpo »

I'll start the ball rolling and add any good ones.

1. Be able to distinguish Allies and Soviet MCV (deployed and undeployed).
- particularly important if you want to steal enemy tech.

2. Some permanent indication of which is your primary (not just when it is assigned).

Mo

Post by Mo »

I like the + symbol implemented in TD when a hospital is captured to let you know which units have been upgraded in health, I wonder if the same could be applied for RA or whether there's a reason otherwise.

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

downscale infantry slightly in RA mod

3.Lucian

Post by 3.Lucian »

1. why cant you just hover your mouse over the mcv?

fernoe

Post by fernoe »

some kind of numbering system in the TD mod for structures, so if, for example, I built 2 barracks, you get 2 tabs for building infantry. it would be useful if the barracks had numbers on them corresponding to the number of each tab, so I can quickly tell which tabs will produce infantry at which barracks

Chronotanks and Minelayers deploy using the deploy key. Not sure why they don't already do this, seems like you can do it using ctrl or alt to do it, but i'd prefer it if there was at least an option to put everything that deploys on the same key.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

I had a short notepad list just for this :)

copy/paste:

Right-click or rally pointing to unpassable terrain should auto-target the closest passable terrain instead of the unit stopping.

Aircraft crash ignite/burn down trees.

(brought up by someone else, don't remember) Distinguish Soviet/Allies War Factory (in the code) so that factions can build the other should they capture the opposite MCV.

zinc

Re: Easy & high value gameplay polishes.

Post by zinc »

Chimpo wrote: I'll start the ball rolling and add any good ones.

1. Be able to distinguish Allies and Soviet MCV (deployed and undeployed).
- particularly important if you want to steal enemy tech.

2. Some permanent indication of which is your primary (not just when it is assigned).
That made me think, make it easier to steal the other faction technology. Like maybe the first engi would be internal instant capture on an MCV. But it wouldn't actually capture the MCV. Just the technology ability of it.

Just an idea...

Chimpo

Post by Chimpo »

3.Lucian wrote: 1. why cant you just hover your mouse over the mcv?
Well, yeah, fair point, but it would be a little easier if you could see. Further to that, since they are distinct factions there's a case for making them look different - in line with the general feature of allies vs soviet versions of structures.

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

SoScared wrote:
(brought up by someone else, don't remember) Distinguish Soviet/Allies War Factory (in the code) so that factions can build the other should they capture the opposite MCV.
I'm pretty sure they already can, you just need to build a new WFAC while having other side's CYard in other to get enemy vehicles.

Edit: Checked on last release that's indeed the case.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Oh, ok. Thanks! I can't remember seeing it happen before so thought it was a legit issue.

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

MustaphaTR wrote:
SoScared wrote:
I'm pretty sure they already can, you just need to build a new WFAC while having other side's CYard in other to get enemy vehicles.

^^ Pretty sure you don't even need to build a new War Factory. If you capture the opposite team's Con Yard and you already have a War Factory built, you instantly unlock the opposite team's vehicles

Chimpo

Post by Chimpo »

avalach21 wrote:
MustaphaTR wrote:
SoScared wrote:

^^ Pretty sure you don't even need to build a new War Factory. If you capture the opposite team's Con Yard and you already have a War Factory built, you instantly unlock the opposite team's vehicles
No that's not the case.

Chimpo

Post by Chimpo »

I think the logic re: capping opposite faction conyard is that the mcv has 'dual-nationality' (weirdly). That's how think of it anyway, if someone knows the exact code/logic that would be mildly interesting.