Crash from duplicate superpower

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
OMnom

Crash from duplicate superpower

Post by OMnom »

I made a clone of the Allied tech center and gave it GpsPower and made that buildable in the defense tab. The game works perfectly fine, but everytime I try to place the cloned Allied tech center, it gives me this exception error:
Red Alert Mod at Version release-20161019
on map de30d7e87072cb3a90ebe1c113c0aecc239846bb (Sidestep - FinalEdit B by SoScared).
Date: 2017-02-11 13:59:26Z
Operating System: Windows (Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)
Runtime Version: .NET CLR 4.0.30319.36366
Exception of type `System.InvalidOperationException`: Attempting to add duplicate actor visibility
at OpenRA.Traits.Shroud.AddProjectedVisibility(Actor a, PPos[] visible)
at OpenRA.Mods.Common.Traits.RevealsShroud.AddCellsToPlayerShroud(Actor self, Player p, PPos[] uv)
at OpenRA.Mods.Common.Traits.AffectsShroud.AddedToWorld(Actor self)
at OpenRA.World.Add(Actor a)
at OpenRA.World.CreateActor(Boolean addToWorld, String name, TypeDictionary initDict)
at OpenRA.World.CreateActor(String name, TypeDictionary initDict)
at OpenRA.Mods.Common.Traits.PlaceBuilding.<ResolveOrder>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(World w)
at OpenRA.World.Tick()
at OpenRA.Game.InnerLogicTick(OrderManager orderManager)
at OpenRA.Game.LogicTick()
at OpenRA.Game.Loop()
at OpenRA.Game.Run()
at OpenRA.Program.Run(String[] args)
at OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args)
Is there any way to attach GPS power to the cloned allied tech center?

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

That crash has nothing to do with GPS I think, but moreso that your tech center clone ended up with two RevealsShroud traits, whose support is only added after the release.
AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

OMnom

Post by OMnom »

Deleting the RevealsShroud@GapGen line allowed me to place the Allied Tech center... odd, but I'll take it....but right now, the same "attempting to add duplicate actor visiblity" bug crashes the entire game occasionally, most commonly when the cloned service depot is being placed. I don't see a problem with the cloned yamls...I think there's only 1 RevealsShroud trait for
each building. Which line is crashing the game?

The yaml code I am trying to fix can be found at http://resource.openra.net/maps/19268/

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

That looks like you're trying to run yaml designed for a bleed version of OpenRA on the release. The bleed version allows multiple "RevealsShroud" traits, while the release does not. (As GraionDilach already pointed out.)

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

I mean, you still have "RevealsShroud@GAPGEN" additionally to just "RevealsShroud" on "DFIX".

OMnom

Post by OMnom »

Gah...i thought i deleted that line on all the buildings. Thanks for the catch