Paratroopers allready with a rank

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Should "Paratroopers" allready have a Rank when they drop ?

Poll ended at Thu May 05, 2016 11:27 am

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 16

PizzaAtomica

Post by PizzaAtomica »

I vote for the idea of the paratroopers having a +1 rank because it reminds me of the drop pod reinforcements from Tiberian Sun Firestorm :D

JOo

Post by JOo »

SoScared wrote: All I'm saying it that paradrops already has the potential to do major damage, especially if used in conjunction with a move to draw attention away. Promoting them 2nd ranks and up isn't negligible.
thats also the case when they are "unranked" .. i think you put to much into those "ranks" , i mean yeah there is a difference to an unranked infantry-unit ... but those are only marginal imo

apart from that , its still a faction-specific support-power ... how would you compare a "Spy" towards "unranked Paradrop" ? ... with all the gadgets we gave him ...

power-outage , radar-reset , stealing money , scouting inside bases , one-hit-killing a tanya , activating sonar , access production building and grant your own infantry +1 rank (every e1 and e2) which is non-revocable ... and he does that all by being unranked himself for the peanut-costs of only "500"

and you can build as much spies as you want , as soon as your radar is there

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

JOo wrote:
SoScared wrote: All I'm saying it that paradrops already has the potential to do major damage, especially if used in conjunction with a move to draw attention away. Promoting them 2nd ranks and up isn't negligible.
thats also the case when they are "unranked" .. i think you put to much into those "ranks" , i mean yeah there is a difference to an unranked infantry-unit ... but those are only marginal imo

apart from that , its still a faction-specific support-power ... how would you compare a "Spy" towards "unranked Paradrop" ? ... with all the gadgets we gave him ...

power-outage , radar-reset , stealing money , scouting inside bases , one-hit-killing a tanya , activating sonar , access production building and grant your own infantry +1 rank (every e1 and e2) which is non-revocable ... and he does that all by being unranked himself for the peanut-costs of only "500"

and you can build as much spies as you want , as soon as your radar is there
Agreed. Spy OP. Either remove completely or increase price of spy to 7500.
[/joking]

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Bump!

Also, if someone is willing to help out with a map hack:
http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 83&t=19793