Chronoshiftable naval transports

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Should naval transports be chronoshiftable?

Yes
38%
Yes - but also kill tanks inside
38%
No
25%

Total votes: 16

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

JOo wrote: or to basicly "crono" nuke-trucks ... that dont have to go back anyway ...

no thanks
Nuke trucks die inside the transport when being chrono'd.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

SoScared wrote: yeah why not just fix it so the units die in the transporter - for consistency sake.
That's what the second option in the poll is for. :)

epice

Post by epice »

Chronoing a MCV and having it stay was established as cannon in one of the missions in Counterstrike or Aftermath. You capture a chronosphere as soviets and use it to get a MCV onto an island that has no other way onto it to kill some allies.

PizzaAtomica

Post by PizzaAtomica »

I vote "Yes- but kill units inside". Because chrono'ing a transport with 5 MCV's in it and deploying all five of them on an enemy beach, under the cover of 4 additional ships, seems a bit too overpowered. :lol:

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

JOo wrote:
MustaphaTR wrote: They should sink at where transport cronoed to. Only transport should turn back. Leaves new unit at where chronoed transport was.

Edit: If such thing happens with a land transort, then passengers should just unload and transport should back.
why would anyone want to crono a transport with tanks in it (instead of the tanks itself) ... when the tanks would land in the water if i unload the transporter ? ...
Because the transport holds multiple tanks and you can chrono just the transport itself. Which means you just chronoed one cell worth of 5 tanks. Which means you can transport over the max limit of the chrono itself.

As for undeploying them in the water you just bring em to the shore line and have them undeploy there.

JOo

Post by JOo »

abcdefg30 wrote:
JOo wrote: or to basicly "crono" nuke-trucks ... that dont have to go back anyway ...

no thanks
Nuke trucks die inside the transport when being chrono'd.
fair enough

abcdefg30 wrote:
SoScared wrote: yeah why not just fix it so the units die in the transporter - for consistency sake.
That's what the second option in the poll is for. :)
+1 for the second option , count one "No" as "Yes - but also kill tanks inside"
AoAGeneral1 wrote:
JOo wrote:
MustaphaTR wrote: They should sink at where transport cronoed to. Only transport should turn back. Leaves new unit at where chronoed transport was.

Edit: If such thing happens with a land transort, then passengers should just unload and transport should back.
why would anyone want to crono a transport with tanks in it (instead of the tanks itself) ... when the tanks would land in the water if i unload the transporter ? ...
Because the transport holds multiple tanks and you can chrono just the transport itself. Which means you just chronoed one cell worth of 5 tanks. Which means you can transport over the max limit of the chrono itself.

As for undeploying them in the water you just bring em to the shore line and have them undeploy there.
you probably didnt understand my question ...

mustapha said , he would liken to see that we can crono a transport full of tanks ... "but" ... if i unload the transporter on the shore ...(meaning the tanks are outside of the transporter and do a raid) ... and the crono runs out ... the tanks should crono back .. but not in the transporter , they have to crono back "around the transporter ... so in the water ...

my question was , why would i or anyone else want this ? ....

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

JOo wrote: -Snip-
Probably so that you could chrono an enemy transport and kill everything inside it.

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

Yes, I think we should go with consistency here.

Ofc, when chrono-ing naval transports with inf in them, they shall be killed off.

The only thing to think about is the vehicle-in-vehicle aspect.

I can't see the "German instant D-Day"-thing getting exploited at all, because it is very finicky - not to say expensive - and time consuming to set up.

[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]We are proud to support Season II of this wildly successful event! - [64H][/align]

anjew

Post by anjew »

epicelite wrote: Chronoing a MCV and having it stay was established as cannon in one of the missions in Counterstrike or Aftermath. You capture a chronosphere as soviets and use it to get a MCV onto an island that has no other way onto it to kill some allies.
I guess that's why OpenRA has the flak truck and why Soviet can't build Tanya in multiplayer.
You don't balance a game based on canon.
Plus the Soviet campaigns are considered non-canonical.