[RA Balance] Radar Dome + Allied Radar Jammer

Allied late-game

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
DvD

Post by DvD »

A couple years ago I suggested the same idea for Radars, with the added twist of providing approximate locations (proportional to distance) so as not to make artys the ultimate killers they are now with GPS. Those who played Total Annihilation will remember this lovely feature.

Radar range can always be scaled according to map size in order to prevent arbitrary ranges being too big for small maps/too small for big maps.

FRenzy

Post by FRenzy »

Cool, didn't see that !
Maybe I should dive into the depths of this forum to revive (steal lol) some forgotten ideas :p

I like the approximated positions idea, +1.

Nerf it though ? I'm less enthusiastic about that :p but why not

Concret

Post by Concret »

Yes! Awesome. The randomness of the radar-display is also cool. Tbh, Total Annihilation had a lot of great features that could really improve a lot of RTS games. Like the airplanes and bombers for example. Aaanyways.

Nice work Frenzy! Atleast now the idea is out there and hopefully it will be picked up. I think radar / minimap usage can definitely use a bit of a boost in terms of importance.

FRenzy

Post by FRenzy »

Thx Concret ! ^^

anjew

Post by anjew »

Concret wrote: I think radar / minimap usage can definitely use a bit of a boost in terms of importance.
The minimap is mainly useful for the bug that allows you to see ore being mined