Red Alert Global League - Tables, Fixtures, All Divisions

SEASON 1, 2016

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Aaron_Lloyd wrote: Oh hey, my points total seems to be wrong, I've won 3/6 games, not 4.
You're right. Not sure why I made that error. I'll run through all the matches and weed out any errors sometime tomorrow.

Thanks, cheers!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Tables submitted for round 4!

I'll soon make some add-on tabs to summarize notifications for all divisions.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Tables submitted for round 5!

newwe

Post by newwe »

What happened to Kyrylo?

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

newwe wrote: What happened to Kyrylo?
Said he was burn't on OpenRA for the time being.

GoldenHippo

Post by GoldenHippo »

Hi SoScared, I may be reading it wrong but I have won 6 yet have 5pts?

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

GoldenHippo wrote: Hi SoScared, I may be reading it wrong but I have won 6 yet have 5pts?
Yup, an error. Sorry about that. Fixed!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Tables for round 6 are up!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

slight error in Masters' concerning Murto and FiveAces. The score is correct but the stats behind is faulty. Will fix with the next round.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Tables for round 7 are up!

Naturally you'll notice a few changes. What's been done is that I've stripped the tables for the 2 extra points all the players were given from the forfeited players. Position wise this will be irrelevant by the end of the season but will look different from round to round compared to how I noted the scores previously. Practically I've stripped the tables to the bones, meaning the tables display more of the reality of the situation. Adding the points from the forfeited players round by round only inflated the stats. Visually it may look discouraging for certain players, e.g. for player Barf in the Masters' Division, however these players will have more leftover matches compared to the players with few matches against forfeited players.

It's also noteworthy to point out that the remaining players in the Masters' Division all qualified due to the relegation and qualification spots all got filled up by forfeited players.

As for the current health of the league due to Masters' Division forfeits, there's no reason to worry. One of the reason we see more forfeited players in the top division compared to the others is that these players were invites from the EU league (not strictly for EU players) from 6 months ago and didn't have to initiate contact in order to register. Most of the invites to the Minions' Division was towards community dwellers, including some of the game developers and active community members only weeks before the season. Most of the Recruit Division consist of players initiating contact and registering weeks before the season. The league is set up in such a way that only active participants will have a chance at moving upwards in the divisions and will in the course of time fill the upper divisions with more active players.

Also noteworthy is that the fight over promotion/qualification/relegation spots in the Minions' Division is super tight with 8 players separated by only 3 points! Kazu, Abcdefg30 and myself looks to have somewhat disconnected from the divison.

In the Recruit Division it's more or less the same story with only OzzyOuzu putting some distance to the rest of the pack. However, due to the fact that currently 6 players in the above the divisions are forfeited, the Minions' Division will practically have in total 6 spots open for players from the Recruit Division! That means, theoretically, every single player in the Recruit Division will have their chance to promote themselves towards the Minions' Division next season.

Thanks to all for having participated so far and I'm hoping for an explosive finish towards the end of the league's first season!

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Very much enjoying it, both playing and watching games! This despite my place, but I have faith that I will stay in the Minion League. I think the first 2 or maybe even 3 seasons will be a bit messy. We will weed out the dedicated players and they are the ones who have fought for a spot and therefore, hopefully, keep fighting for the wins.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

League tables for round 8 are up! A little late as always :)

@NoobMapMaker: Keep believing. Currently your on a upward spot towards the Masters' Division :D

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Also curious if being the host actually gives advantage. We'll see at the end of the competition..

*to clarify: the total sum of host wins should be larger than guestwins if being host is advantageous.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

anjew

Post by anjew »

noobmapmaker wrote: Also curious if being the host actually gives advantage. We'll see at the end of the competition..

*to clarify: the total sum of host wins should be larger than guestwins if being host is advantageous.
It would technically be advantageous to be host since they get to the choose the map, probably aiming for a map they are comfortable on and have trained for.
Plus if they know there opponent is bad at a particular map then they can choose that to gain an advantage

However it shouldn't really be an advantage if all players have practiced all maps equally, are aware of the maps strategies and their opponent