Send me your replays and I'll cast them!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Spoiler alert, do not read unless you've already watched the game!

In my defense for that loss: was playing on my girlfriendslaptop with the scrollspeed at the lowest setting. So getting around the map took sooooo long. Especially in the end when I tried to both defend against the chrono and build another base I just couldnt get anywhere.
And in the replay I looked back my initial amphibious assault and switched between my vision and world vision... alot of important structures where just outside of my sight... the missile silo, the tech center.. But still I just should have finished it before, by sending in a bunch of yaks for example or coordinate the attack better (I left to do stuff in my base when I thought the attack was allmost done, becasue of that I didnt take out the radar for instance) Anyway, great comeback by Zoolys!
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

G'evening internet!

I'm back from my trip, and the newest cast is about to go online right now:

http://youtu.be/XK9j5o0ABhg

A brutal showdown between SoScared and Phoenix (the artist formerly known as Muerto El Ray), featuring mass longbows and my personal faction tier list.

Thanks for posting your replays, please keep 'em coming! Next on the list is most likely going to be NoobMapMaker vs Zoolys, seeing as it was highly recommended to me by multiple people. (NMM, going to refrain from reading your spoiler until next week :) )

As always, feel free to post your comments and feedback here. Plus, remember to tune in to the FFA tournament on Friday!

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Thanks for the cast FiveAces! It was great!

I was trying to win without shock troopers because i've been playing with them for so long but this took any kind of consistency & control out of my build order - will be taking your comments on board and will be working towards a shock trooper free build order in the future :D

r34ch

Post by r34ch »

FiveAces wrote: I'm back from my trip
You weren't at a festival in croatia per chance?

/offtopic

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

@r34ch: No, I was sailing from Primosten to Vis via Hvar/Brac and spent the whole week on our yacht :)
@Phoenix: Yea, I felt like you were trying to resist the urge to go full on Shock mode until you knew you had to end the game!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

The outcome of that game was pretty much set with the difference in expansions and map control mid-game. I think I was just stalling the inevitable late game. Use of shock-troopers approved :lol:

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

noobmapmaker wrote: http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/repla ... &id=305570

@Fiveaces: DO NOT READ COMMENTS ON THE REPLAY SITE (they could tell you who won the game)
This match is really impressive! Very well played and is fun to watch from start to finish. This match would be a great cast!

Mo

Post by Mo »

Hey Aces!

This one you might find interesting, a counter maybe to that tesla men spam :P

People playing on doubles map were SCUBA STEVE and Phoenix vs myself and Zypres.

I've called the file "Waves of Tesla Men and Counter", hope you find it interesting perhaps :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wl8pc74lvlke ... q84wa?dl=0

Mo

Post by Mo »

Phoenix wrote: Thanks for the cast FiveAces! It was great!

I was trying to win without shock troopers because i've been playing with them for so long but this took any kind of consistency & control out of my build order - will be taking your comments on board and will be working towards a shock trooper free build order in the future :D
"Out of your build order" you say eh? XD

Well, the above is definitely interesting then!! :P

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

There was no real "Counter" to shock troopers in that replay, only massing of units - which is really a counter to anything :D

We lost that match for a few reasons:
-Failed to maintain control of top water and did not exploit it with allies.
-I was far too sacrificial with my shock troopers; for instance i didn't wait for my IC to
recharge before pushing which was a bad idea in that circumstance
-didn't scout very effectively
-partner didn't use a-bomb to counter yours

Overall, i would say it was because we failed to work as well as a team as you guys.

An actual counter to shock troopers is iron-curtained APCs, since they just run over a big blob of shock troopers which works pretty well with apc + flamers since you can just roll through the shock troopers and into someone else's base.

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

If you're looking for a true counter: I honestly feel like ap minelayers are underrated.
They make quick work of Shock blobs, and you can just order them to deploy minefields with the alt key.
If your micro is good, you can counter them with V2s (put them on hold fire and forcefire into their attack vector).
As Allies, mass Hinds will do the trick - and Germany has one of the most niche strategies: Get some Chronotanks, blink them right on top of the blob.
If you're doing it right, they have no cells to dodge and are guaranteed to get crushed.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

The problem with AP mines is that they get triggered by IC'd flak trucks

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

G'evening old chaps! How's this day finding you?
New video coming online right now, and it's a quick recap of the FFA tournament elimination rounds, done in a newsroom style and featuring the handsome Mr. SoScared.

http://youtu.be/mEfb9cjgOa8

The video took each of us about 30 man hours to create, so the regular cast is going to be a bit delayed (if I were to guess, I'd say Sat), it's going to be the highly recommended NMM vs Zoolys game.

Also, SoScared and me are going to be livestreamingf the FFA Tourney finals, most likely to take place on Sunday evening UTC! Hoping to see some familiar faces there, all ready to stir up a ruckus in youtube chat! :)

kyrylo

Post by kyrylo »

Wow, fantastic job, guys! I bet it took you some time to write the script and find interesting moments in the replays.

newwe

Post by newwe »

Very nice work guys.