Assholes playing OpenRA

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
hotze

Assholes playing OpenRA

Post by hotze »

I joined a game earlier and witnessed an interesting conversation which, I believe, deserves a wider audience.

For those who do not speak German, Schefmonstah mentioned that he's spectating in another game. This part isn't in the screenshots.
I was kicked before I could take screenshots of the entire conversation.
What's in the screenshots is that he then tells yes no that he'll lag the other game out, so those players will join the server we're in.
yes no replies by telling him that he should go to arte.tv and its mediathek (streaming site), which will kill a game as well.
But Schefmonstah's more clever since he answers that he's got netlimiter which can be turned on and off.

This isn't the first time I've witnessed him portraying his wonderful character.
When he loses he will tell his team where the opponents are.

newwe

Post by newwe »

Wow that's really bad, thanks for sharing. I've played a fair number of games with them and haven't seen anything too bad (that I can remember, but I also don't speak German).

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

Hey, I remember that same player teamkilling us (with another name but same IP, lol) He always did that so we are forced to join his games, that´s not cool, that´s nasty.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Hmm..

Schefmonstah

Post by Schefmonstah »

Hello there,

just signed up to the forums to reply to these allegations:
First of all I want to make it clear that I never intended to and in fact DID NOT lag out the other game I was referring to in the chat. As you can see from the screenshots, our game was already full and we started that very game a few seconds after the screenshot was taken.

As for the team killing voiced by squirrel:
I am on a dynamic IP. How you can match that IP to "me" who allegedly uses a "different name"? For the record, I certainly did not team kill players in order to make them join my game...

Yet, it was recently brought to my attention that an anonymous player (I have an idea who that might have been, although I have no factual proof) used my nick to commit team killing sprees.

It seems I should also start collecting screenshots/replays of people dicking around in OpenRA and post them here. As a regular player, I have witnessed my fair share of douchy behavior. So far I maintained the opinion that this is just how online games are, started the next game and forgot about it (instead of raging and posting it on the forums). Yet, of course I still maintain my own, personal "ban list" for players that stroke me with particular and reoccuring douchy behavior. A list that OP ("hotze", or "dent") is now definately part of :).

But anyway, I guess from now on in every game I am and which lags I will have to hear "disable your netlimiter". (happened today already, actually, even though the actual culprit was an Australian redpinger xD)

@hotze (bist du rotze?). Please first try and beat me on the battlefield (which I think you have not succeeded in so far) before starting a smear campaign on the forums.
Last edited by Schefmonstah on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

@weeman: What you do in your spare time is your own business, but please refrain from posting your holiday pictures in a videogame thread. Thank you.

Prince Blueblood

Post by Prince Blueblood »

Where's the report post button? THE TRAUMA! THE TRAUMA! I NEED BLEACH FOR MY BRAIN!!! :\
OpenRA Nicks :
- Everything with "Blueblood" inside
- Yuelang (when I speak Chinese, literally)

My Ping might be Red... blame distance and my shitty connection due to which country I lived in...

hotze

Post by hotze »

Quite an odd coincidence that everyone was experiencing connection problems right after you said it, isn't it? And that you followed it up with "so noch da? (~so, still there?)".

Feel free to ban me when you see me. I don't intend to play with or against you again anyway.

Beating you on the battlefield, well, I have done so several times. You're not that good.
You're decent, but you're also awfully predictable.
But I'm sure it was just somebody stealing your nickname, right?
Whether I'm a better player than you or not is irrelevant anyway.

Before you get the asinine idea of screwing with my nickname, I haven't used hotze for quite some time and dent's retired as of yesterday.

Furthermore, my friend, this isn't a smear campaign.
If you are such a noble player that you need to question my skill when you're being exposed, then do me a favour and explain this replay, which, by the way, contains further proof for my allegations.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 1823011813

Schefmonstah

Post by Schefmonstah »

So what are you trying to say with that replay? It was a failed rush, nothing else. Used to do that a lot on that particular map, and it actually worked out more often than it did not.

But anyway, good to know Cadsy is also hating on me xD. Ill ask him next time I see him.

As for those "connection problems" you allude to: This is far from being a rare occurrence in OpenRA. Often combined with a server/lobby crash afterwards.

I am not that good xD. Fair enough, yet I don't remember a single game (that did not start/end with a rush as in that replay) you beat me.

And by the way: I have conclusive evidence that you used to fake one of my good mates nick in-game several times. So maybe you should start by pointing the finger at yourself before you try to discredit others.

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

I almost never run into this kind of behavior on starvation maps.

There's something about building 16 nukes on these toxic divide maps that seems to attract the scummiest troll-like players.

Schefmonstah

Post by Schefmonstah »

zoidyberg wrote: I almost never run into this kind of behavior on starvation maps.

There's something about building 16 nukes on these toxic divide maps that seems to attract the scummiest troll-like players.
we also would have won that yesterdays 2v5 without any nukes :).

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

Schefmonstah wrote: we also would have won that yesterdays 2v5 without any nukes :).
Schefmonstah, you're a good player (quite possibly better than I am). I lose tons of matches. However, you just validated what I said scummy behavior.

Schefmonstah

Post by Schefmonstah »

zoidyberg wrote:
Schefmonstah wrote: we also would have won that yesterdays 2v5 without any nukes :).
Schefmonstah, you're a good player (quite possibly better than I am). I lose tons of matches. However, you just validated what I said scummy behavior.
come on, that was just a comeback to your passive-aggressive comment :).

Tox maps are certainly not made to stay (they have essentially already been "hacked" by blunt and yesno using the unbeatable IC-lock strategy), but they provide a refreshing alternative to the standard gameplay and (recent?) lack of new decent maps.

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

You're not the only player who builds as many nukes as possible on that map. It just so happens that you're the most recent :)

Judging from the replay and this thread, It seems like that you've earned a bad rep on here. I don't see too many players coming to your defense. What's the deal?

Schefmonstah

Post by Schefmonstah »

Haha, really?

Haters gonna hate.

No but seriously, theres a scientific concept (forgot the name) referring to that very situation here which you can break down to "The first to raise his voice gets the most approval". Just look at the first 2 replies to the OP. They cant confirm
I've played a fair number of games with them and haven't seen anything too bad
, but still silently agree.

Anway, several guys that I saw ingame today just don't seem to give a shit.

#kindergarten