Tournament

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.

Would you enter this Tournament

Poll ended at Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6

Ripsn

Tournament

Post by Ripsn »

Hi all.
Im Ripley`, the guy that runs the tournaments (lots of new players here, so thought i better introduce myself)

i am thinking about holding another tournament in the near future now that we have new releases and playtests happening.

this is just a thread to find out how much interest there is for players to join.

Details about the format and mods will follow, when i have decided, depending on feedback you give me in THIS thread.

hopefully work will be completed on the tournament site before we get the ball rolling, so everything should run a lot smoother than previous tournaments.

Cheers

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

There are quite alot of youtube videos of the previous tournaments. Very entertaining and good commentary. This one is from the 2v2 team tournament:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_6xD4KfnI

Would awesome if Rider Rockon or SoScared would do videos of these games as well. Is SoScared still around? Hope so, he makes great videos![/url]

r34ch

Post by r34ch »

I am very interested in seeing the replays of the best oRA players against each other and especially what maps will be chosen.

I would love to see the q finals -> semi finals casted.

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Being quite a competitive person myself, I'd love to participate. Could you give us a small preview on the cornerstones of the tourney, such as ruleset / mappool / time schedule? Thanks for the effort you put into this!

Ripsn

Post by Ripsn »

Rules and format examples can be seen from previous tournaments still held here on the forum. Just do a search for tournaments. You get the idea of the usual way we try to run them. Started off fairly casual but as the community grew (as did the trolls) we had to get a bit more strict as we went along.

Casting is always in high demand and a priority for me to organize. The great thing is that almost anyone can try it. So if ur keen to help fill that spot let me know

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

I'm up for casting, but not until I'm done with my finals (which is going to be around July 15th).

Do you plan to do livestreams or replay casts? In case of the former I'll have to find a working setup beforehand.
Just send me a message if you need a hand!

Ripsn

Post by Ripsn »

I try to give a few weeks notice before tournaments start so it will b after then