Jungle/Caribbean Tileset (work thread)

Red Alert 1

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Note: I just fixed a bug in the tileset builder https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/4714
eddie wrote: Will it be added to the existing openRA mods?
We have not received any patches.

JOo

Post by JOo »

xan2622

Post by xan2622 »

Just for reference and inspiration, here are some screenshots from Sudden Strike:

It really looks like a jungle, doesn't it ? (maybe too many trees on the second screenshot though).

yellow (theRaffy)

Post by yellow (theRaffy) »

Hey Nukembro, you might know me
I'm "yellow" Hi :D

I was wondering how much the different titlesets of openra are not in the same shape.
(ra: snow,temperal, desert) and maybe ur set.

Basically they look very simular, but have sometimes different shapes.
My idea was it to create an "norm" or call it a tileset standard.

In the end i like to see maps automatically playable in all tilte sets. Selectable as an option.

interested in that?

Do you have any big tiles graphics, Like that arrengement of your jungle set? That could help me compare the already used sets?

Nukem

Post by Nukem »

The Jungle tile-set I have uses the temperat tile-set as a template, so my tileset basically matches with the temperat theatre, but I know the snow and desert tileset differ (the latter to a much greater extent). This would be a good idea, but I feel all the tile-sets would have to at-least be somewhat identical to make this idea work.

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

Is it possible to add the Jungle and Snow tileset to Red Alert mod and viceversa?? (interior for Tiberian Dawn)

Nukem

Post by Nukem »

If by "adding the Jungle and Snow tileset to Red Alert mod and viceversa" you mean compile all the terrain theaters for a single mod, then yes it is possible. (Desert and Winter tilesets from TD to RA, etc.)

Dieter122

Post by Dieter122 »

Any chance of this getting finished?

zypres

Post by zypres »

Dieter122 wrote: Any chance of this getting finished?
Would love to see more tilesets.. We also need tools and webpages(resources) for modders to upload with correct licenses.

Kaito-Kid

Re: Jungle/Caribbean Tileset (work thread)

Post by Kaito-Kid »

Can you upload the "tileset-picture" (in this case jungle.png) in full resolution?
Here it is in 50% (so 24px are 12px).

MlemandPurrs

Re: Jungle/Caribbean Tileset (work thread)

Post by MlemandPurrs »

I have multiple questions:
1. Which mod is that CC95 mod featured in arrrr.png at first page of this thread ?
Those tank sprites seem interesting, if its not private mod would like to have a look
2. Is it possible to obtain an full resolution version of jungle.png at second page of this thread ?
Im volunteering for finish this, but will need that image in order to. Tried to simply scale it up gets way too blurry