openRA2

I'll handle the AI once it's available

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
BenjaminLSR

openRA2

Post by BenjaminLSR »

Hello :)

Some here will remember I worked on the first openRA AI when it was a bit crappy.
I am more than enthusiast to know openRA is moving to RA2.

Once you get this done, i'll work on the AI for sure :)

Have a nice day,
BenjaminLSR

JOo

Post by JOo »

openRA-AI is still crappy , it actually never received any improvement .... just saying

have a nice day

BenjaminLSR

Post by BenjaminLSR »

JOo wrote: openRA-AI is still crappy , it actually never received any improvement .... just saying

have a nice day
Oh.... I like sarcasm early in the morning...

it actually never received any improvement .... Said nobody ever. Feel free to take a look into the github and help in the improvement process. Just saying.

JOo

Post by JOo »

no sarcasm at all ... theres nothing implemented to our Engine .. you just aborted your project leaving it with a lot of crashes ....

your last words on this :
"I don't need crash report as I'm about to recode the whole thing." - Thu Oct 11, 2012
then you never posted again on this thread

BenjaminLSR

Post by BenjaminLSR »

Well I can still find a bit of my code in the HackyAI.cs ;)

To be honest, you sound quite rude, the fact is they were almost no AI until I started working on it and drew the first "sketch". The fact that someone made an even greater work on FuzzyLogic and States is the proof that AI is in progress here.

Now that it's said, I'm still impatient to see openRA2 and will do my best on the first steps of the RA2 AI.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Yes, lets not argue about who killed who!

I for one like AI and would love to see stronger and/or different AIs.

Have you seen CannerZ45 AI additions? They are quite fun, altough they do not work flawless.

Unfortunatly I cant help coding, but I can test stuff for you if needed.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Some people from the community are working on a Red Alert 2 mod https://github.com/Phrohdoh/oramod-ra2

BenjaminLSR

Post by BenjaminLSR »

Cmd. Matt wrote: Some people from the community are working on a Red Alert 2 mod https://github.com/Phrohdoh/oramod-ra2
Yeah. That's awesome. That's giving me a lot of motivation to work on the AI for RA2.