Red Alert: Tiberium Origins MOD

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

Sleipnir wrote: You should consider writing a function that you pass your array of actors and waypoints to. This would remove most of your duplication, and the copy-paste errors that came with that. The function would look similar to LoopPatrol.
I wouldn't know how to do that. My coding skills are very basic.

On another note, I've finished the first 7 NOD missions for the campaign... unfortunately, I'm still waiting for CellTriggers and Actor.OnCapured to make it into the game so the missions have full functionality... Also nice would be a Singleplayer / Campaign menu + a trigger that switches to the next mission after you finish your current one...

I'll put them up as soon as CellTriggers and OnCaptured make it into the next playtest.

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

My girlfriend bored me so...
Attachments
to-archipelago.oramap
(9.89 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
Hail to the soviets!

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho,

any other maps you like ported?

Still best mod out there!
Hail to the soviets!

zypres1

I like it

Post by zypres1 »

I like it, but please fix the hotkeys. Attackmove builds stuff..

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

Petrenko wrote: Heyho,

any other maps you like ported?

Still best mod out there!
Dunno... if you find any maps you like for either C&C or RA, you can convert them.
zypres1 wrote: I like it, but please fix the hotkeys. Attackmove builds stuff..
I know... I'm currently working on balance and polish. Should release something this weekend.

In another note, I redid the railgun turret SHP file, make annimation and icon. It's 100% built by your's truly, and I think it looks much nicer.

Also changed the mod's logo and loading screen:

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

Does anyone have an easier way of setting Offsets for weapons? Is there some kind of tool available? I'm having a very hard time setting offsets for my new units and buildings...

On a happier note, I have a new release -Beta 0.15 - Download link is here - Beta 0.15 (latest): http://www.datafilehost.com/d/be6c61ad

I also made a new shp file for the Allied Ion Cannon Uplink:

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho,

love your ion cannon uplink. Also i think the base of your railgun-turret could fit as base for water structures. Having defenses or anything in water would be nice.
Hail to the soviets!

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

That's not a bad ideea. I'll think of something... right now I'm trying to come up with some more ground units..

Meet the new Soviet SPG: The ISU-152!

It works like a cross between an artillery and a tank destroyer. It's turretless, and fires a slow 152mm HE shot that does great damage to buildings and infantry. Not to great against tanks, but not useless either!

Scott_NZ

Post by Scott_NZ »

Those selection boxes could do with some shrinking.

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

Scott_NZ wrote: Those selection boxes could do with some shrinking.
Yeah, I know - the screenshots are from an early test for the unit.

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

Still waiting on a new playtest to inclde ActorOnCaptured and other features for SinglePlayer missions.... sitting on 12 single player missions, most of witch don't work without triggers like:

- ActorOnCaptured
- A LUA script that would allow me to give a player certain units/structures when they are discovered or a unit steps on a Waypoint.

C'mon guys! I'm so close to finishing this thing!

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Things have been really busy for us IRL, and so OpenRA has been in a bit of a holding pattern recently. Things should pick up again in a few weeks if everything goes to plan.

Hoj

Post by Hoj »

This is an amazing play test, thank you OP

folkilsk

Post by folkilsk »

Ye, we've been playing this for a few months now ( a group of about 5 people). Would love to see more units and factions in the mod.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

We are preparing for a new playtest within the next few days. A lot has changed in the engine since the last release, and so any mods that target release-20131223 will need to be upgraded before they will work.

We will ship a utility command that does most of the grunt work, so you should have no trouble migrating RA:TO to this new playtest if you follow the instructions that will be in the changelog.