C&C Meets Star Wars

Updated as of March WOOO!

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Yes, but that is a detail unrelated to C&CSW. I also entirely removed the flashing arrows from the docking bay, if you want to take more issue with my butchering of the original animations ;)

To fix the unloading in C&C2SW, set the harvdock sequence to the proc unload animation. You may need to offset the artwork so that the centers align, and you'll want to erase any pixels with proc housecolor (ideally, all unchanged proc pixels) so that only the steam and tube (etc) remains. C&C baking the harvester into the refinery while unloading was stupid, and required an ugly special-case hack to implement in OpenRA. Thankfully, Westwood fixed this in ra.

Nyerguds

Post by Nyerguds »

Sleipnir wrote: Thankfully, Westwood fixed this in ra.
True... I do prefer C&C's actual unload animation over RA's simple resource dumping though.

Dan9550

Post by Dan9550 »

Alright so far i have 1 working animation which is the harvester docking and the tube connecting to it. I tried to update it to have the smoke clouds, but i get an exception (after editing the vehicles.yaml in sequences) saying "Sequence harv.dock-loop uses frames [7..10] of SHP `harvdump`, but only 0..7 actually exist".
Not sure why this happens :\

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

Please make it work again :-)

Matt

Post by Matt »

You need to edit sequences.yaml.

Dan9550

Post by Dan9550 »

Ok ill get around to editing that might have a new version up in a week or 2 :)

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

Next time I will post some screenshots....

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

Please make this work on next release:-) should be included in the game....

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

I'm posting screenshots from the game to get it back, please....

And the starwars music in the background is amazing...
Attachments
Picture
Picture
starwars.png (569.77 KiB) Viewed 13525 times

Dragonlord

Post by Dragonlord »

The House Color overlays need some work, solid color AT-ATs, AT-STs, and other things look bad.
No offence.

Nyerguds

Post by Nyerguds »

Colour overlays are fine. It's no different from the full-remap rocket launcher. Red is simply a pretty bad colour, and on OpenRA specifically it seems to have higher contrast than in the original game.

Also note that the A-wing is partially actual non-remapping red, so red looks kinda weird on it.

By the way, all of those icons are messed up. They seem to be the Temperate versions shown with the Desert palette, or vice versa. Do keep in mind C&C95 has different palettes for its theaters (well, Desert does, anyway), and the icon sets are made separately for each theater palette.

Dan9550

Post by Dan9550 »

OK, time for a little update for those following the mod. i have just reinstalled my entire pc running ubuntu now blah blah blah, I'm hoping to get back to at least some light work on OpenRA stuff in say a week or so :)

In terms of CnC Meets Star Wars when i ran my latest test version on a compiled bleed build the main issue was the harvester docking animation. Someone somewhere changed something and all i can get to happen is the first frame of the smoke when docking, i don't plan to release 1.5 until at the very least i fix up the harvester docking animation.

I do plan to eventually make a working shellmap, and port the single player mission. But the single player mission will have to wait for now.

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

YEAH!!! Nothing really annoyed me in the game, so don't work to hard on the docking, we just want to play this cool mod.

It's something with the feeling of the game that makes me like it, with music, cool new units, and another feel.

And I'm not sure how, but all mods should be made the way / and the engine should have updates not breaking the mods.. Cannot lose cool mods like this.. Maybe fallback settings...
And I big updates soon come to the game, I hope they all have mods in mind. (map download, AI changes,ingame stats/spectating improvements, buildlimits , aircraft reload, better editor and new terrain, etc)

Thank you Dan... and if possible, please get it into openra on github for us to watch your changes and make others help you...(leave the music outside)

Dan9550

Post by Dan9550 »

yeah, might look into git when i start working on stuff again. Since i did also have a recreation of a Nod mission for the cnc mod, and basic g15 support for windows that i was working on as well as the star wars mod.

No need to worry about the mod also there were some changes in some of the newer bleed builds but they were all fixed the mod still works :D

Nyerguds

Post by Nyerguds »

zypres1 wrote: And I'm not sure how, but all mods should be made the way / and the engine should have updates not breaking the mods.. Cannot lose cool mods like this.. Maybe fallback settings...
That would be cool... a pure vanilla behaviour mod. I quite dislike how the Refinery's unload animation was abused as fill level indicator.

And as I said, I got all info on the C&C building animations exported from the exe into my inis anyway.