question about team color remapping

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
AloC83

question about team color remapping

Post by AloC83 »

hi.......this may be an ultra noob question but how do make sure that the team colors (that you put on a unit during modelling/texturing) remain within the range of team color indices after lighting/rendering?

Invariably some of the pixels change after rendering and palette conversion. Is there no better way than manually touching up every frame in photoshop? speaking of which...how do i set the palettte in photoshop to one of the the .pal files used in openra? This is how I have been trying to do it: Click on 'Image' menu ---> 'Mode' ----> 'Color Table' --->'Load' ---> I point to one of the .pal files and click ok but I get the error message: "Could not load the color table because it is not a valid Microsoft Palette file."

raminator

Post by raminator »

if you use my palette and give the unit a purple texture you should be fine considerind remap/teamcolours.
TD/RA palettes are not compatible with photoshop. but if you export a shp to pcx using the correct palette and xcc mixer you can save the colour-table in photoshop.

AloC83

Post by AloC83 »

do I use the purple colors even when making RA units? or do I use the sandy ones?....which occur in the same location on the palette.

raminator

Post by raminator »

use the purple colors for unit creation.