Now this is odd.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
secret

Now this is odd.

Post by secret »

So, I'm kinda (badly) used to leaving SHP files around my YR folder.

So, I tried leaving this new powerplant SHP in my mods/ra folder.(only non-damaged and damaged frames. CBA to do buildup now) Nothing happened. Tried the "bits" folder as well. Nada.

Nothing. The vanilla SHP continues to appear. Do I really have to put it in a friggin' mix?

Iran

Post by Iran »

Did you set the building up in the corresponding YAML file?

secret

Post by secret »

its powr.shp, to replace the current powr.

Same size, same nr. of frames. Just no buildup, only damaged and normal frames. Testing for Temperate, not snow or anything else.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Our engine currently (stupidly) prioritizes files in mixes over loose files.

You either need to put it in a mix, or rename it to, e.g. powrnew.shp and modify sequences.yaml so that the sequences point at the new shp. For each sequence, point it at your new shp with e.g. `idle: powrnew'

secret

Post by secret »

any specific names or vanilla mixes?...

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

If you have the files loose, any name that isn't used in one of the mix files is fine, provided you modify the sequence definition to match it.

If you put the files in a mix, create a new mix with whatever name you like, and then reference it in your mod.yaml. If you want it to override files in an existing mix, the mix file definition in mod.yaml must come before the mix that has the thing you want to override.

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

I have filed a bug for the 'prefers files in mixes' thing. This may get fixed soon.