The Dark Tournament VI

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Pinkthoth

The Dark Tournament VI

Post by Pinkthoth »

Are you ready for a very very dark and cold winter? In this 1v1 tournament 8 or 12 players will face each other in a series of bo3 matches in 18 very very dark and cold new maps. The maps have been made over the course of the year. None of the maps are competitive in the common sense, because all maps have features, secrets and surprises for the players to be discovered and adapted to, even some mini-games might have slipped through. All maps are fair in the sense that the same rules apply to all players in each map, although there may be random events that may possibly benefit or hinder a player more than others. The format of the tournament will be decided by the number of players that sign in. Players will enter the tournament based on the order in which they sign in. If a player drops out before the tournament begins, successive players can fill their place based on the order of their sign ins.

12 player tournament:
-FFA map with 12 players. Scheming and allying are allowed in the in-game chat. After the map is finished the bottom 8 are randomly distributed into brackets. After the first round of matches is finished, the top 4 players of the FFA are allowed to decide which player they play against from the winners of the first round of brackets. The winner of the FFA will decide first, and successive players after them.
-Other matches are single elimination bo3 matches where all brackets play the same maps simultaneously
-The winner of the tournament will be decided by a bo5 match
-The third place of the tournament will be decided by a bo3 match
-All maps have shroud turned on initially

8 player tournament:
-FFA map with 8 players. Scheming and allying are allowed in the in-game chat. After the map is finished the bottom 4 are randomly distributed into brackets. The top 4 players of the FFA are allowed to decide which player they play against. The winner of the FFA will decide first, and successive players after them.
-Other matches are single elimination bo3 matches where all brackets play the same maps simultaneously
-The winner of the tournament will be decided by a bo5 match
-The third place of the tournament will be decided by a bo5 match
-All maps have shroud turned on initially

Date and prizes
The tournament will be held on the 10th of December beginning at 17:00 UTC. The winner will get a prize of 100€, the runner-up will get a prize of 50€ and the third place will get 25€ paid through PayPal.

Streaming
The tournament matches will streamed by Kaution. If another streamer wants to stream some of the simultaneous bo3 matches as well, please contact me through Discord.

Sign ins
Participation is announced through this thread or by messaging me through Discord. Sign-ins are open till the end of the November. Brackets will be generated randomly, with the exception of the top 4 of the FFA map being able to decide their opponents.

Players are required to come into contact with me through Discord or this forum 1 hour before the tournament start to ensure a smooth start for the FFA and the subsequent simultaneous matches. Failure to do so is considered a foreifit and the player's place can be given to another player in the sign in order 30 minutes before the tournament starts.

Sign-ins:
--- 8 player tournament ---
1. Orb
2. Moods
3. Milkman
4. FazzaR
5. Kav
6. J!NX
7. Mint
8. Upps
--- 12 player tournament ---
9. Tux
10. Dying Fetus
11. Disruptor
12. Unano
--- Reserve ---
13. SarahSicaria
14. JustSomeGuy
15. .1
16. MegaTank
17. Margot Honecker
18. Master

--Cancelled participation--
1. Blackened
2. Yara
3. Anjew
4. Widow
Last edited by Pinkthoth on Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 26 times in total.

ROCKhardFISTnips

Re: The Dark Tournament VI

Post by ROCKhardFISTnips »

Sign me up i dont miss DTs
-Moods

J!NX

Post by J!NX »

Dark tournaments are so awesome, sign me up please!

ORA_CN-Hans

Post by ORA_CN-Hans »

Sadly I can't participate in the tournament.
Please sent me the replays of the FFA and the tournament! I would cast these fun games for the CN community!
And good luck guys! May the Shadow bless you!
Translating OpenRA Into Chinese...

Pinkthoth

Post by Pinkthoth »

Nilhall wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:16 am
Please sent me the replays of the FFA and the tournament! I would cast these fun games for the CN community!
Will do!

Yara

Post by Yara »

I'm in. Still have to read the rules or figure out how it works, but Dec 9 should work ;)

Dying Fetus

Post by Dying Fetus »

Count me in please

disruptor

Post by disruptor »

sign me up

J!NX

Post by J!NX »

:shifty:
Nilhall wrote:
Sorry to hear you cannot participate. Could you share links of your cast here? I'd like to watch and share with friends from CN. Thanks!

ORA_CN-Hans

Post by ORA_CN-Hans »

Hey!
Here's my Bilibili channel: https://space.bilibili.com/17786001. Since I have lots of things to cover first, like RAGL play-offs, these DT videos may come up a bit later.
And there are CN players out of our community! Please tell them that they can search for the QQ Group 742982428 and jump in if they are using Tencent QQ.
J!NX wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:34 pm
:shifty:
Nilhall wrote:
Sorry to hear you cannot participate. Could you share links of your cast here? I'd like to watch and share with friends from CN. Thanks!
Translating OpenRA Into Chinese...