Double the blackness
Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hey who turned the lights out? At least I'm not alone....
That's right folks. It's time for another Dark Tournament. 15 More completely unseen maps. Who knows what you'll discover on them.
Here's what I can tell you about the tournament:
1) This time you've got a team mate. That's right this bad boy is a 2v2 tournament.
2) There isn't much crazy shenanigans this go around. Every map is different, but all balanced. Teamwork will be key.
3) The tournament itself is a single match double elimination variant. This means each "team" will get at least 2 maps of play before they are out of the tournament.
4) No tiebreakers/mini games are needed this time.
5) In case you're new I'll give you one hint about all the maps. Your MCV will always point in the direction of your main ore.
6) Match ups as always, will be put through a random number generator.
7) Additionally, match ups will run congruently. No waiting for maps this time around, this should greatly speed up the event.
8 ) Slots 1/2 will be team 1 and slots 3/4 team 2. Positions will be random within team (forward/back/left/right etc)
9) All maps use the RAGL ruleset, meaning ERCC refs, BCC barracks etc. Phase transports have also been fixed.
10) There is a max of 8 teams for this tournament. So sign up early!
100$ Split between the team.
20$ split between the team that pulls of the biggest upset and or most entertaining game. This prize will be chosen by me.
anyone wishing to further donate to the prize pool can PM me here or on discord for information.
Spectators and casting:
Specs will not be allowed. Hopefully we can have numerous streamers to watch every game.
Tentatively 29/5/2021 (May 29th for us yanks) at 1700 UTC.
Mod: : Red Alert
Spawn : slots 1/2 being team 1 and slots 3/4 team 2
Faction : Players may choose their faction, unless the faction is forced.
Explored Map : Off
Short Game : On
Fog of War : On
Crates : Off
Debug Menu : Off
Starting Cash : $5000
Tech Level : Unrestricted
Starting Units : MCV Only
Game Speed : Normal
Bounties: Players choice
Reusable engineers: Players choice
Build off ally Conyards: ON
Current sign ups:
Widow & Dying Fetus
Happy & Goat (F for Fris)
Bain & Stich (fuck .won)
I Like Men & sup unconfirmed
Moods & Donb (Don't and some drunk)
Pinkthoth & Eugenator (the blind fucks)
Ekanim & Anjew ( )
Last edited by Blackened on Wed May 19, 2021 3:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sup has confirmed he can but I am not sure about work yet. But if there is a lot of interest and I still haven't confirmed we of course do not want to reserve a spot, so feel free to put us down as a replacement team or something like that if that happens