RAGL Season 10 Post Season Discussion

Feedback following RAGL Season 10

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
TTTPPP

RAGL Season 10 Post Season Discussion

Post by TTTPPP »

Since RAGL S10 has finished it seems like a good time to gather views on what went well and what could have been better. Obviously you can give thoughts about whatever you want, but here are some topics I thought people might have opinions on:
* Registrations
* Formation of divisions
* Balance
* Playing on two playtests and a release
* Automated game recording
* RAGL website (ragl.org)
* Self-scheduled matches
* Season forfeits
* Coverage

ZxGanon

Re: RAGL Season 10 Post Season Discussion

Post by ZxGanon »

I have not invested as much time in RAGL as I did in the previous years but I will still spout some feedback since I have seen a lot of games.

* Registrations
Cannot say anything that departement.

* Formation of divisions

Seemed fine overall and the divisions seemed properly set up.

* Balance

Balance (besides op Tanya) seemed fair but the maps were too streamlined and basically feeled like they were all the very same. They have gotten better in the visual departement yeah but they were benefitting the turtle style more. The next season should really work on the map variiety departement. Maybe take a look at Starcraft Broodwar on how they handle map variiety.

* Playing on two playtests and a release

Tanya was one of the problems but at least it was tested properly due to RAGL allowing to play on playtest.

* Automated game recording

I'm not sure what that means.

* RAGL website (ragl.org)

Nice

* Self-scheduled matches

RAGL Season Masters devision was an entire joke. Took way too long to get their games done and lost complete interest at one point.

* Season forfeits

No idea how many forfeits have been made.

* Coverage

Not enough coverage. Kaution needs to increase his workload!
Jokes adside outsiders do not even realize that RAGL exists and I would wish for the OpenRA Dev departement to spread they word constantly about it and post it on social media and outside of the OpenRA spectrum like we try to do it for SP and RV.

MR C

Post by MR C »

On Coverage,

Would have been nice if Biomecaman had maybe been included or given an area that he was incharge of casting. He was active on forum's at time had done some good series 9 coverage of minions . Don't know if he was asked? Was plenty games to go round. From outside it just looked like Kaution was given it all.

Maybe he could be more involved next time round when you are organising it TTTPPP.

Kaution

Post by Kaution »

Apologies for not commenting my thoughts sooner.

Obviously i dont have that much experience with RAGL as most people, however S9 felt like it was way better organised than this season, also a big amount of players dropping out this season.

Also it would be nice in the future if we could have a Match set up discussion channel for example so i can be aware of matching occuring and do my best to cover them to the fullest, as this season i missed the chance to cast some pretty hype matches due to not being notified.

1 thing we could definetly do better as Ganon described is the marketing and advertising of RAGL, looking at the current playerbase of OpenRA, RAGL could be way more bigger than it is now.

okay bye.