TD Prototype Swiss Tournament

Monday 10th July @ 17:00/5:00pm UTC

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

Congratz to Borgmo he won the tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUKA

Post by STUKA »

great tournament format, looking forward to the next!

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

So much for the first post I guess, but nevertheless.

I've skimmed through the forums and more and more I wonder why is noone uses http://challonge.com/ (or several other freeware web tools that are there; or GoogleDocs at least) for bracketing?
Hector actually used it for his 1v1 tournament recenty, and still only screenshoting it and no link?

Challonge can handle all the tournaments played here (round robin leagues, swiss, olympic, also double elimination and two-stage ones), it's more than easy to handle, and there is an option for players to manually update their games if they are registered on challonge and admin allowed that. There is also a handy option to attach replays (4 files max though; and/or a link and/or text per match). Tournament timing is also possible.
upd: File attachments are limited to 250kb per file, so not viable explicitly for challonge. But unlimited links are, and there are gamereplays, dropbox, google drive and whatever.

Please, check this guys, it hurts my eyes to see all the brackets in scarce screens without being able to see who played who in what result when there is 2017 already and you can use lots of tools instead of plain old pencil and sheet of paper :P

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

We decided against challonge because we were using Swiss Format.

That should already explain everything why challonge doesnt work.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

I diden't register/log because I have no plan to organize tournament but under "chose a type" at the bottom of the page there is a "swiss".

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

I thought I checked that there was no swiss.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

There is swiss, but only for 1-stage tournament. For 2-stage they took it off for some reason, but semifinals after swiss can be easily done manually or in a separate tournament page anyway.

Maybe that's because swiss system is quite efficient at deciding winners, it's just bad for middle-table placed opponents.
Attachments
challonge screen
challonge screen
challonge_swiss.JPG (44.78 KiB) Viewed 5891 times