Hecthor Doomhammer's Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (tm) 2017

View page 6 for all videos!

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Hecthor Doomhammer

Post by Hecthor Doomhammer »

It's almost time for the tournament to begin! 10:00 GMT is nearly here!!!
Fiveaces and I will be live on my channel on twitch http://www.twitch.tv/hecthordoomhammer about 30 minutes earlier as we prepare everything!
See you then!

Lorrydriver

Post by Lorrydriver »

Hey Doomhammer,

The first day has ended I got to say, it has been a very nice tournament so far. It ran extremely smooth. Also a good choice to just have a duo cast which was really good as well, gj to you and FiveAces for that.
I'm really looking forward to that Smitty vs Gatekeeper match tomorrow.
Keep up the good work!

Hecthor Doomhammer

With the first weekend and first 2 rounds of the Tournament done, there have been 2 major changes to the remainder of the tournament.

1)
The prizepool has increased to €270 thanks to a generous donation of €20 of hbCyber.
while he specified that he only wanted €10 to go into the prizepool, I am puting everything in like this:

€10 extra to first place, now making it €135
and €10 to 4th place. so that all remaining participants at least get €10

2)
The other major change, is the same as we did last year:
We're moving the Sunday Bronze Match and Finals over to the Saturday, right after the Semi Finals (after a little break of course)

For the Semi Finals, we will keep the same schedule, and the Bronze Match, which will happen first, will happen right after the second semi finals, as soon as the players have caught their breath.

Wippie

Post by Wippie »

Hi Doomy,

Is there an updated bracket somewhere to be found?

Congratz on the progress so far. We' ve seen good matches and excellent casting so far, creating excellent content.

BR,

Wippie

Hecthor Doomhammer

Wippie wrote: Hi Doomy,

Is there an updated bracket somewhere to be found?

Congratz on the progress so far. We' ve seen good matches and excellent casting so far, creating excellent content.

BR,

Wippie
here you are:
http://challonge.com/DoomyRedAlertTourney2017

klaas

Post by klaas »

Real nice matches, I've seen some of the Orb vs. Juicebox matchups, good stuff. Hopefully I'll get my pc running again this week, so I'll be able to get some practice in before next RAGL season.

So, what's up with the spot for RAGL, does it go to the highest placed non Masters player? I'd love to see Orb or WhoCares in the Masters.

Hecthor Doomhammer

It is purely if the winner is not in the GL S4 masters. If the winner is in masters, then nothing happens, other then the prize money

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: 3rd match player 2 selects the map, both players select a different country than the 2 that were just played.

So basicely the 2 first factions played are not to be picked again and also "any" can't be picked again because it could give a faction already played. ?
Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: For the 5th match, Random.org picks Ore Lord, I pick Any, get England, rng puts me on the right side. Flamewh33l picks France and rng thus puts him on the right side.
So who gets the right side ?

Hecthor Doomhammer

WhoCares wrote:
Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: 3rd match player 2 selects the map, both players select a different country than the 2 that were just played.

So basicely the 2 first factions played are not to be picked again and also "any" can't be picked again because it could give a faction already played. ?
Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: For the 5th match, Random.org picks Ore Lord, I pick Any, get England, rng puts me on the right side. Flamewh33l picks France and rng thus puts him on the right side.
So who gets the right side ?
Yes, this time you select your country, not Any, Any (Soviets) or Any(Allies) because of that exact reason.

For Match 1, Player 1 picks his starting position, Match 2 it is predetermined to be the other, since it's the same map.
For Match 3 Player 2 selects the starting position, Match 4 is predetermined.
Match 5 NOBODY picks starting postition.

But once we're in the lobby and players are ready, I'll explain in detail

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Couldnt resist. I bingewatched everything... :cry: great games...
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

FRenzy

Post by FRenzy »

noobmapmaker wrote: Couldnt resist. I bingewatched everything... :cry: great games...
Don't worry ... if I had the time I would just do the same :lol:

My (dormant) YouTube channel : FRenzy OpenRA
Join the map-making train here

Hecthor Doomhammer

Videos of the Tournament are slowly coming online.
My aim is to release 1 video per day (with the exception of Saturday July 8th, as then I'll be streaming) until all videos are posted.

View the playlist here

Hecthor Doomhammer

And then there were only 4.
This year the Tournament has seen quite a few surprises, both negative and positive, but there can only be 1 who claims victory over all.

Tomorrow, July 8th 2017 starting at 10:00 GMT, I will be hosting the last day of this year's Hecthor Doomhammer's Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (tm) where we will see both the Semi Finals, as well as the Bronze Match AND while we're at it, we'll go all in with the Finals as well.
Prepare for a marathon of a stream.

The rules of the Semi Finals have changed: no longer will we see 5 guaranteed matches where every country is represented, but we will see the even match 2 and 4 be a mirror image of match 1 and 3, with match 5 being RNG. This will be for a Best of 5.
This means that Player 1 on the bracket picks the map for match 1 and 2, and for match 1 he also gets to pick the starting positions. Both players pick their countries for match 1.
For Match 2, the players will not only switch starting locations, but also their countries.
Player 2 gets to select the map for match 3 and 4, as well as the starting position for match 3 and both players pick different countries.
Match 4 will see the switch of locations and countries again.

For both the Bronze Match and the Finals, players have to choose their 1 strongest country, and play that for a Best of 7 with randomized starting positions.

At the end of the road when we know the score, the prizes will be handed out:
4th: €10
3rd: €50
2nd: €75
1st: €135

and we can close of this year's edition of the Hecthor Doomhammer's OpenRA Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (tm)

Join us tomorrow at 9:30 GMT so that we can start the semi finals at the end of this countdown
Of course the entire event will be streamed on my channel on Twitch

Hope to see you all then!

Hecthor Doomhammer

The tournament is over and the prizes have been paid out!

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Tournament is over,

I wanted to thank doomy for the organisation and the hosting. The work behind the scene done and coming is outstanding. Double thank knowing that some players have been paid to had fun along the event while you only get "thank you."

Thank to fiveaces for bringing his casting "je ne sais quoi" into this tournament making the live and recorded video pleasant and entertaining.

Thank for my opponents and especially Orb for the amazing sets of games we had, I enjoyed every bit of it. I'm still under the psychological effect of that fake radar dome, i'm affected for life.

Thank for the donators of the prize pool.

And congrat for the winner, as his name still not be mentioned i'll not spoil. little hint, his nick end by rrydriver ... could be anyone.