Greetings Commanders and Generals,
The past year has been long, filled with random skirmishes and squabbles, with many victories, but also many losses.
However this is mere child's play compared to what I have in store for you all.
This July first at 10:00 GMT I will kick off the second edition of the Hecthor Doomhammer Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (â„¢)
where 16 players will wage war on 12 worlds to decide who is destined to be the supreme 1vs1 champion of 2017 and walk away with the First Prize Money.
Can last yearâ€™s champion, Gatekeeper, keep his current reign, or will someone else rise to the occasion?
This year we have a full bracket of 16 players, as well as 5 reserves, which can be viewed here.
Note that this bracket is no longer up for change, unless itâ€™s for substitutes.
Now onto some rules and settings:
- The entire Tournament will be held on the first 2 weekends of July 2017. Meaning Saturday July 1st, Sunday July 2nd, Saturday July 8th and Sunday July 9th.
- The starting time for each day, is 10:00 AM GMT
- The livestreams will start approx. At 9:30 AM GMT
- The First Round and 2nd Round bracket are split between Saturday July 1st and Sunday July 2nd.
Match 1, 2, 3, 4 of the First Round and Match 9 and 10 of the 2nd round will be held on Saturday July 1st.
Match 5, 6, 7, 8 of the First Round and Match 11 and 12 of the 2nd Round will be held on Sunday July 2nd.
- The Semi Finals will be held on Saturday July 8th
- The Bronze Match and Finals will be held on Sunday July 9th, with the Bronze Match being the first.
- Matches are â€œscheduledâ€ to last 1 hour in the first and 2nd round.
- Players are expected
to be present at least 30 minutes before
their â€œscheduledâ€ time.
- The Tournament Host and officials will wait a maximum of 15 minutes
after the â€œscheduled startâ€ of a match for both players to show up.
- For the First Round, should a player fail to show up after the 15 minutes, the first reserve will take his place.The reserve taking the absent playerâ€™s place will play the entire tournament. The absent player is disqualified.
- After the First Round, should a player fail to show up, no reserve
will take his place and the opponent advances automatically. The absent player is disqualified
Maps and Settings:
- Standard map settings, meaning Shroud off, Crates off, Normal Speed, 5K start, Short Game, etc.
- The Map Pool: Coming standard with the 20170527 Hotfix:
- Behind The Veil
- Desert Rats
- Dual Cold Front
- Green Belt
- Keep Off The Grass 2
- North West Passage
- Ore Lord
- Siberian Pass
- Side Step
- Snow off
- The player on top of the bracket picks Map 1 in Best of 3, Maps 1 and 3 in Best of 5 and Maps 1, 3 and 5 in Best of 7
- The player on the bottom of the bracket picks Map 2 in Best of 2, Maps 2 and 4 in Best of 5 and Maps 2, 4 and 6 in Best of 7.
- Map 3 in Best of 3, Map 5 in Best of 5 and Map 7 in Best of 7 will be picked by Hecthor Doomhammer via Random.org
Rules of the Rounds:
This tournament would not be a Hecthor Doomhammer Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (â„¢)
if there would not be different rules determining which countries a player can and cannot select.
Here are the Rules of Engagement per round, as well as the length of the rounds:
Round 1: Free
Players are completely free to pick which country they want. Even Any, Any (Soviets or Any (Allies)
Round 2: Random
Players are forced
to pick Any
. Not any specific country, nor Any (Soviets) or Any (Allies)
Semi Finals: Mirror
(5 matches, winner determined by Bo5)
Players are forced
into 5 mirror matches, 1 for each country. Despite the fact the winner is determined in a Best of 5 scenario, all 5 matches will be played
The order of countries: France - Ukraine - England - Russia - Germany
Bronze Match & Finals: Stronk
Players are forced
to pick the 1 country they deem they are strongest with. Any, any (Soviets) and Any (Allies) cannot be picked
- Respect your opponent. Disrespecting your opponent CAN result in disqualification.
- Respect the Tournament Officials. Disrespecting the Tournament Officials WILL result in disqualification.
- If you have to pause the game, you have 5 seconds
to explain why. DO NOT use the pause to micro your forces. We will notice if you do, resulting in disqualification.
- GG is Game Over. Donâ€™t call GG and continue playing, unless it is to give your opponent the chance to finish you off with honor. Calling GG, continuing to play and beating your opponent will result in your loss
- When not playing, but watching the livestream on Twitch, the channelâ€™s twitch rules are in order.
At the moment of writing this, the current Prize Pool is sitting at â‚¬250
1st Place Winner
2nd Place Winner
3rd Place Winner
As a bonus, SoScared has offered a Guaranteed Masters Division spot in the next season of the RA:GL
in case the Winner
of this Tournament does not already compete in the RA:GL Masters Division in S4
In case that the winner does already compete in the RA:GL Masters Division in S4, this prize is not handed out at all.
Prize Pool donators
Hecthor Doomhammer: â‚¬45
- The entire event will be livestreamed on My channel on Twitch.tv
- Co-Commentators: FiveAces, Jazz_KCS and SoScared (although not present for the entire event).
- Tournament Host: Hecthor Doomhammer.
- Tournament Officials: FiveAces, Jazz_KCS and SoScared.
- Technical Support & Mumble Server Host: Jazz_KCS
- Tournament Officials and Tournament Hosts are the only people allowed to Spectate.
- Each match-up will have its own Password, meaning that only the players of said match-up and the Tournament officials can enter the lobby. Passwords will be sent to the players via sleipnirâ€™s Forum PM system.
Good luck and have fun!