Red Alert Global League - Tables, Fixtures, All Divisions

SEASON 3, 2017

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
IronScion

Post by IronScion »

Kudos to Juice for dominating recruit alpha!

"Each denomination in the new series of banknotes will feature a different species of Australian wattle" - Mint Spokesman

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Tables updated for Round 9!

jaZz_KCS

NEW Release / INTERIMS-Week

Post by jaZz_KCS »

Greetings contestants!

As you might or might not have seen, a new release is upon us.
And experienced RAGLers already know what this means, as we are now - as it already happened this season - doing an "interims-week".

What this means..: Starting from the day the new release hit (that would be today Fri May 27th) until the end of the next round (end of Round 11) - both versions are accepted. This means that for the remainder of the general Rounds (10-11), both versions are accepted.

Please keep in mind that although we have a new release, the old (custom) RAGL maps are still the ones that are supposed to be played, so please carry them over manually to your new ORA release version (consult SoScared's post in the RAGL Rulebook thread.)

The RAGL servers will be updated right away to promote the new version and encourage the contestants to play it. The maintenance on the replay archive is also finished and it should be available again.

We wish you luck with your upcoming match-ups!

-jaZz_KCS
#AllForTheCommunity
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Tables updated for Round 10!

I altered the position numbers for players in a tie and added points from played Round 11 matches in order to display the situation properly before the final standing. There's quite a few deciding matches left to decide the most crucial league positions.

One more round (and two delay rounds) to go. Cheers and glhf, to the last mile!

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Well, this cant be right at all. I'll have to play lucassss this week and then i have 14 matches. I'm missing 2 matches, where are those?!

My score should be 5/7 right now.
Last edited by SirCake on Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

You're right, forgot to add your latest result. Sorry about that, fixed.

Also, I marked your and Lucassss' spots as 4th positions to highlight your current tie. Looks like the 3-4th qualifier spots are in play for 5 players the last round! Good luck!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Tables updated for Round 11 - Two delay rounds remaining!

I'll follow up with a write-up tomorrow but, congratulations to LorryDriver for clinching the Season 3 League Championship! Consistent peak performance has been key for winning league divisions and LorryDriver proved this to be true still in the Masters' Division. Also congratulations to Gatekeeper for his solid 2nd place and to Barf who despite having one more match to play, secured himself 3rd place (Gatekeeper and Barf has a tie-breaker with their match in Round 1).

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Hey,
what is the plan for decider/qualifier matches?
Will you notify the players of the timeframe they have to play those? Or are we expected to organize that ourselves and hand you the results?
The rulebook doesn't say anything about the end of RAGLSIII..(when, how, what-if's )^^

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

I haven't been the fastest on the trigger as of late but all qualifiers will be announced no later than at the end of the last Delay Round. I've contacted a few already with the info - there's no section about it in the rulebook. Prize payouts will also "officially" be addressed at this time but I often start the process a bit earlier.

Basically, once the qualifier/best-of-5 has been established the two players start with a RNG map (I often provide one using random.org) and with the following games it's loser's pick until one player has won 3 games.

There's a 'qualifier' folder next to the round folders on Jazz_KCS' fileserver where players can upload the replays. There's no specific naming format required except for names and game number. Also you can do people a favor by uploading additional fake replays (normal filesizes) if the best-of-5 ends before game 5 so that one can go through the replays without spoilers.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Also completely forgot about the season write-up I promised above :D

I'll do that during next week.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Final standings for Season 3 are up!

Just a quick run-down on the qualification matches that are yet to be played post-season:

Obligatory qualifiers and tie-breakers (best-of-5) - To be played no later than July 16th
  • Fahrrad vs SirCake - Masters'/Minions' qualifier
  • Smitty vs Orb - 1st/2nd place Minions' tie breaker[tab][tab]Winner: Smitty (3 - 2)
  • JuiceBox vs Happy - Masters' Path, 1st leg
  • Blackened vs JuiceBox/Happy - Masters' Path, 2nd leg - To be played no later than August 6th
Voluntary tiebreakers (best-of-3) - To be played no later than August 6th
  • Abcdefg30 vs Anjew - 7th/8th place Masters' tie-breaker - best-of-3
  • Balloon vs Potato - 6th/7th place Recruit Beta tie breaker - best-of-3
Best-of-5s and 3s are played with the first map randomly picked then followed by a pick by the player who lost the last played match. I'll provide with the RNG map through email.

The prize payouts will be handled through player emails tonight! Sorry about the slow handling of things but I've been preoccupied quite a bit the past few months^^

As always please let me know of any result/stats errors, if any.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Congrats to Lorrydriver for winning the Masters! And Gatekeeper & Barf as 2nd and 3rd :)

Als congrats to Smitty with his excellent win in Minion League.

Next years minion will be tough as hell with many strong recruits coming in.... Also @SoScared: I think you mixed up my points and Lucas' points (5 vs 6).

All in all I think it has been an awesome season again. Excellent organisation by SoScared and Jazz and thanks everyone for tons of great games!

Im going to await all the remaining qualifier games and such for potential Plays of the Season. If you want to nominate one, notify me here. Ill set myself a deadline to make a video in max 1 month.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

@NMM: fixed!

Also worth mentioning, as opposed to previous seasons this season was played through with minimal match reminders hence the record number of strikes and forfeits :)

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

SoScared wrote: Obligatory qualifiers and tie-breakers (best-of-5) - To be played no later than July 16th
  • Fahrrad vs SirCake - Masters'/Minions' qualifier
  • Smitty vs Orb - 1st/2nd place Minions' tie breaker[tab][tab]Winner: Smitty (3 - 2)
  • JuiceBox vs Happy - Masters' Path, 1st leg
  • Blackened vs JuiceBox/Happy - Masters' Path, 2nd leg - To be played no later than August 6th
I guess congratulations are due for SirCake (3-0) and Blackened (3-2 in a stunning comeback) going to Masters. Also if SoScared is pulling out of RAGL then WhoCares and MechANIC are to battle against each other for the last Minions slot.

PS And we still see JuiceBox vs Happy revenge match in the Minions division ;)

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

First thing first :

- New admin team to actually have a S04
- All masters signing in for S04
- All minions signing in for S04
- MechANIC and myself signing in for S04
- Then and only then we will entertain you with a BO27 To the IRL death of dehydration or stress stroke.