Hecthor Doomhammer's Red Alert Tourney Sign ups (closed)

July 2nd - July 10th - 15 players SIGN UP CLOSED!!!

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer's Red Alert Tourney Sign ups (closed)

Post by Hecthor Doomhammer »

REGISTRATION CLOSES JUNE 26TH

Gnarl announces:

Greetings ladies and gentlemen. My name is Hecthor Doomhammer and welcome to the first ever Hecthor Doomhammer Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (tm)

Starting July 2nd at 10:00 AM GMT / 12:00 PM GMT 16 of you will be waging a 2 weekend war to decide who take the honor, glory and the prize money on July 10th

A Tournament unlike any other where contestants are subjected to a new challenge each round to keep them out of their comfort zone and constantly on their toes.

Hosted and livestreamed from my channel on Twitch and joined by SoScared, FiveAces, Jazz_KCS and Ripsn as tournament officials.

Our contestants are:

1: OzzyOuzo
2: Celestia
3: Comrade Crimson
4: Flamewh33l
5: Weeman
6: Kwendy
7: Blackened
8: RoCKSLAM
9: ZaqZorn?
10: Illblilbitbt
11: Kyrylo
12: Gatekeeper
13: NewbieOfficial / Dumb Newbie
14: OmegaBolt
15: Anjew
16:

Once again we will be starting the tournament on 02-07-2016 @ 10:00 AM GMT / 12:00 PM CEST
All rules are stated below.

The clock is ticking...

Tournament all round setting:

- The Tournament will be purely 1 vs 1.

- The Tournament will be purely Red Alert 1.

- The tournament will be single elimination, meaning if you lose a round, you're out.

- Each round has different rules in terms of country selection and a different length. Listed below

- The tournament will have a max of 16 players.

- All players MUST be registered on the Sleipnir's forums as there we will handle any communication towards the players.

- We shall use [64h] as the online service for this tournament.

- SoScared,, Ripsn Jazz and FiveAces are the tournament officials. They will not be allowed to enter the tournament.

- I have the final say.

Timeframe and rules:

- All the matches will be livestreamed on MY channel as the main channel, FiveAces and SoScared are allowed to further promote this by streaming it on theirs.

- The Tournament will consist of 2 weekends starting July 2nd. Ending July 10th

- The timeframe per stream will be a maximum of 6 hours. Meaning Players will have to be available within the the entire timeframe of the day.

- If at any moment a player is not able to play on his scheduled day, it's game over. His opponent automatically advances.

- If a player doesn't show up without notifying me before hand, he's out of the tournament, no matter which round he plays in.

- Connection issues are NOT a reason to postpone your match. We will give a 15 minute maximum technical support. If after 15 minutes the connection is not fixed, the player has to forfeit.

Match set up and rules:

- Round 1: Players pick the country they want. Meaning no random and no random Soviets / Allies. After each match they must select a different country. Best of 3

- Round 2: Players force random country not random soviets / allies. Every match is forced random Best of 5

- Semi finals: Players pick their strongest country and stick with it for this round. Best of 5

Finals & Bronze match: All country mirror matches meaning 5 matches, all will be played. 5 matches

- Mappool has not yet been decided. But we will look for balanced maps.

- Replacements are allowed, but only for the first round, and those that get replaced are out permanently.

Prizes: (currently prizepool is €160)

CCCP21 has donated 100 euro for a Prize Pool:
NoobmapMaker donated €20,
YetAnotherBaldHa donated €20.
SoScared Donated €20

- €80 first prize

- €50 second prize

- €30 3rd place.

- If more donations come in towards a prizepool, the prizes will change.

With 8-12 participants, the prizepool will be lowered to €100 euro, spreading 60 - 30 - 10 between 1st, 2nd and 3rd

once the first registrations are in, here's the bracket

Bracket Concept:

FAQ:
Q:Why not double elimination? That way ppl who get eliminated may still have a chance.
A: I am going to handle the organization of this tournament as a bit of a World Cup Soccer. there's no double elimination in there either. You get 1 shot. You mess up: you're out.
Also to prevent players from thinking they don't need to show up for their match without any real consequences.
Also, I only have a limited amount of time each day that I can stream and I don't want this tournament to drag on forever.

Q: Why stream all of the matches, and not let the players warm up off stream and only show 1 match which will count?
A: Players are able to get a feel for each other off stream in their own time. On stream it's game on, all or nothing.
In my eyes the fun and competitive aspect of a Best of 3, is that they fight the first match, learn from their mistakes and take advantage of that in the second match, and if it does lead to a 3rd match, it'd be that both players would play at their best

Q: Why stream all matches, and not only stream the replays of the winning match?
A: Because with replays, ppl can play at any given time, but that also means they can decide when they play and I as organizer of this tournament would have to readjust the schedule on when matches would be casted. That would end up a clusterfuck.

Q: What is with the weird country set up in each round? Why not have any 1 of the rules for every round?
A: I like to be unique. Taking ideas from the communities and merging them all into 1 to keep everyone satisfied, at least for 1 round. This should make things interesting.

Q: What maps will this tournament use?
A: At this moment it hasn't been decided. Perhaps we'll have some custom maps made for this tournament or within the staff we'll select a specific map pool

Q: Is there going to be a way that participants could come on to the stream for a little interview on their matches?
A: That is possible with the Mumble server. Probably Semi Finals and beyond. We will be using the Mumble Server for this.
Last edited by Hecthor Doomhammer on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:11 am, edited 39 times in total.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Nice! Like the setup, especially with the faction rules towards the end. I cannot join as July is a busy month for me. Will add €25,- to the prizepool though, see PM.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

anjew

Re: Hecthor Doomhammer's Red Alert 1 vs 1 Tournament (tm)

Post by anjew »

Looking forward to this, the more tournaments the better.
I presume we sign up in this thread? Can't see sign up info in the post

also,
Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: I am going to handle the organization of this tournament as a bit of a World Cup Soccer. there's no double elimination in there either.
The World Cup does have a group stage though

Wippie

Post by Wippie »

Nice setup Doomy,

Two questions:

How do you handle the seeding?
Is 16 the max number of participants or will there be qualifiers if more players sign up?

Hecthor Doomhammer

Re: Hecthor Doomhammer's Red Alert 1 vs 1 Tournament (tm)

anjew wrote: Looking forward to this, the more tournaments the better.
I presume we sign up in this thread? Can't see sign up info in the post
Maybe I should've mentioned this, but yes we do
Wippie wrote: Nice setup Doomy,

Two questions:

How do you handle the seeding?
Is 16 the max number of participants or will there be qualifiers if more players sign up?
Seeding will be done randomly on challonge itself. BUT, I will keep in mind the people that have a day of prefference (only play on sunday for instance)

In terms of the max: THIS tournament will have a max of 16. I may or may not have plans if we can get up to 32... but let's first see ppl actually sign up for this, shall we?

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

$$$ STEP RIGHT UP! $$$

Hecthor Doomhammer

Indeed, since the announcement the prizepool has increased with €60!
There has got to be at least some one who wants to get a shot at this

or should I just try and use this money for a possible Rise of the Reds tournament with the same set up?

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

My funds are strictly for OpenRA use :)

On Reddit someone says that keeping 4 weekends off may be to much for players. I think because of that people do not sign up. You might want to revise the set up of the tournament in that aspect.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

Hecthor Doomhammer

So I will post 1 question:

If we cut this tournament down to 2 weeks, like the original plan of the TTT2016, would that bring in players?

The set up would be:
1st Saturday: 4 Round 1 matches + 2 Quarter Finals
1st Sunday: 4 round 1 matches + 2 quarter Finals
2nd Saturday: both Semi Finals
2nd Sunday: Bronze Match Finals

IF this would be preferable, then I will change the schedule to this

Hecthor Doomhammer

All right, I have altered the schedule and made this tournament last for 2 weekends in stead of 4
However, Players have lost the ability to have a day of preference (no more just on Saturday or just on Sunday)
The seeding will be done randomly.

For me to host a tournament of OpenRA, this is my final offer. If before June 26 no one has signed up, I am canceling the tournament entirely

Hecthor Doomhammer

If we can get at least 8 people before June 26th to register, The tournament will happen.
7 or less and he tournament is canceled

OzzyOuzo

Count me in :)

Post by OzzyOuzo »

Hey!

You can add OzzyOuzo to the list :)

Hecthor Doomhammer

AWESOME!

OzzyOuzo

annoucement on openra homepage?

Post by OzzyOuzo »

I think u should make an annoucement on openra homepage coz it seems that a lot of people are not aware about this tourney.

CELESTIA44

openRA

Post by CELESTIA44 »

he doomy kan ik mee doen met red alet 1