Red Alert Global League - Tables, Fixtures, All Divisions

SEASON 1, 2016

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
SoScared

Post by SoScared »

League tables for round 9 are up!

Fahrrad

Post by Fahrrad »

the results for round 10? :)

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

late as always:P should be up in a few hours

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Updated tables for round 10!

The last round is coming up and we have some interesting contentions across the divisions. In the Masters' Division, FiveAces beat Murto The Ray 2-0 on their match the previous week and put himself up as a big favourite in before the last round of the season. Both FiveAces and Murto The Ray have a delay match in addition to their week 11 (last round) match so it's not completely decided yet, but Murto needs 5A to lose a point or 2 in order to have a shot at taking the #1 spot and the 1st prize loot of $145. 2nd place gives $55.

Funny enough, 3rd place (gives $25) is open season for most of the remaining players. Medium Tank with 5 points has FiveAces and Barf as the remaining opponents. Gatekeeper's remaining opponents are Murto The Ray and Klaas. Klaas is playing title favourites FiveAces and Murto The Ray for his last 2 matches! Barf with his 2 points over the course of 6 matches also has a chance, as he has 2 delay rounds in addition to his round 11 match! Should he take home his remaining points (vs Gatekeeper, Medium Tank and Anjew), given the thinned out competition in the Maters', then that would likely shoot him up to 3rd place.

In the Minions' Division there's an interesting trio battle at the top. Although I (SoScared) currently hold the 1st place ($40 prize) I have played all my league matches for the season and will be looking for a certain outcome between Abcdefg30 and Kazu who will play their last round match against eachother. Kazu will have to win both maches against Abc in order to claim 1st position, beating me on the guest point count. Abc needs to win only one match against Kazu, but, should that be a home point win and guest point loss, Abc and I would be tied in points, guest points and with a 1-1 in the match between us earlier this season, would force us to play a contested position match (best-of-3) after the last round to determine the division winner. The 4th and 5th place in the Minions' now grants direct promotion into the next seasons' Masters' Division, given the latter divisions' forfeitted players. Hamb has secured his promotion given that Testosterone Rex is the only player that can pull him down one place (given Hamb's guest points). NoobMapMaker has played his matches of the season and will be dependent on Testosterone Rex or Henry The Slav not picking him off his position, in order to advance to the Masters' Division. The bottom players of the Minions' Division are not in danger of relegation given the 4 of the above division's players forfeitting the league instead of making their way down to the Minions' Division.

The Recruit Division is a bit of a stir but the story has revolved much around OzzyOuzo for stomping players and collecting points almost uninterrupted throughout the season. His claim for the honorable 1st place is close but has the runner-up contender, player T, as his last opponent for the season. Both T and OzzyOuzo has a delay match in addition to ther match against eachother. Should T somehow be able to pull a double on OzzyOuzo in their match then it would be up to the performance in the delay matches (in which both are big favouritesd) to determine the winner. The top positions in the Recruit Division are mostly honorary given the fact that there is in total 6 league forfeitters in the above divisions, meaning the top 6 place finishers in the Recruit Division are rewarded a promotion in to the Minions' Division for the next season. Currently. 2 out of the 6 positions looks to be contested between GoldenHippo, DazUltra, Fenix and Udderz! The last couple of rounds has seemingly been tainted with a bit of players' fatigue, as multiple strikes has been given players mosly for blunders such as forgetting delays, uploading replays within a reasonable time etc. Looking at the table there can be no doubt this is mostly a league problem, not a player problem as the league has been continuously non-stop over the corse of almost 3 months! This is an issue which will have to be adressed in a discussion after the end of the season (dedicated thread).

The previous point makes the performance of player General in the Recruit Division that much more admirable. Regardless of not winning matches, General has played all of his weekly matches, without issue, and has been exemplary to what makes such a league thrive. I'm hoping I'm not betraying any trust by telling people this but there was expressed player fatigue in before the last few rounds of the season but he went through the last remaining matches regardless. This meant 2 more reliable matches (that counts) for every other player in the division, and helped the 3-divisioned Global League survive it's infacy. For that I'm especially thankful for!

To the last mile!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Corrected Recruit Division table: Flecken vs DazUltra registered as absentee match due to host error. Info corrected and table updated!

Fahrrad

Post by Fahrrad »

who has won the league?

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Undecided! FiveAces still has 2 matches left vs Klaas and Medium Tank and has to win 3 out of 4 matches to secure the first place.

In the Minions we're still waiting for Kazu vs abcdefg30 to play their final match to determine the division winner.

I'm holding on to the division tables until the last delay matches are played :)

JOo

Post by JOo »

and whats with the recruits ?

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

The RAGL servers have been resurrected for the time being until all the remaining matches have been played.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Yesterday the last games have been played, right?
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Round 11 (Final Standing) tables has been updated. Results will be adressed in a seperate post shortly. gg!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

The Recruit Division table is updated due to an error - player Han was noted with 2 more points which puts him up at a strong 2nd place, with 2 less matches played compared to the other top finishers.

JOo

Post by JOo »

i have updated the Global-Competition wiki and noted the 2nd Season as "upcoming" event in september

@SoScared : you should consider to have all the details ready for the 2nd season once the BTT is over (after the 7th of august) ...
so we can then pump put some "Battlefield News" .. forum announcements , a facebook and reddit post

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Good stuff!

Oh btw, in the wiki, I shouldn't be put down as caster as I devowed any official casting role of the event. I did this deliberately so that the league would develop independently and to allow others to take a stab at casting it, should they wish to.